What's your NK dressing up as for Halloween?

edited August 2013 in Products & DIY
Summer isn't even over and Petsmart has already started to put out all their Halloween stuff! This got me thinking what Saigo would be for halloween, lol! I didn't like any of the costumes they had so I started surfing the net and found THESE awesome websites:

http://www.gramercypet.com/
http://www.hannari-pet.com/

They have kimono, yukata, hakama and all kinds of other crazy nihon stuff for dogs!

HAPPYI_LARGE_BLACK ev053_s19_1_

Saigo already has a Matsuri hachimaki , but not a Happi Coat, so I ordered him one!! :)
I might also get him a hakama for Halloween. If I can figure out how to attach 2 samurai swords to it, then he can be Saigo Takamori for Halloween (his namesake!)

Just thought a cute post would brighten everyone's day!!!
Happy Friday !

Comments

• Even though I am a blue eyed white girl, I want to be Jasmine from Aladdin and have Toki be Rajah, the tiger. Cause he is a red brindle like a tiger and protective of me. I thought I was soooo clever for thinking of that. Nothing a tan and contacts can fix so I can be jasmine, bahaha
  • Maybe I'll dress him up as a potato, because he is a "couch potato"...
  • Sophie is going to be a fox, Shelby is going to be a giraffe, and Mya will be the zookeeper!
    Last year Sophie was a flower and Mya was a bee (naturally)...I WA a bag of miracle gro.
    Year before Sophie was a cop and Mya was a prisoner.
    I dressed them up for the dog Mardi gras parade year before last as well... We did the good, the bad, and the ugly. Sophie was good, Mya was bad, and I was ugly...
    I know, I go too far. .
  • I'm going to put Gojira's Gamera costume on Gamera. It will be meta.

• @poeticdragon, can't believe you found a turtle costume! Awesome.
  • For a while now, I've wanted to dress the kids as dogs and the dogs as kids. Unfortunately, the kids always want to be something else. Damn kids and their desires and preferences. *sigh*

Maybe I can just do Naomi. She doesn't talk.
  • You can dress as grandma and the big bad wolf... Make the dog grandma and dress you as the big bad wolf. I saw a girl do it with a husky one time and it was super cute!
  • mine wear Halloween scarfs. That's it.
    photo 100_7375_zps869fef7f.jpg
  • London and I usually go as the big bad wolf and red riding hood.

I haven't thought about TK...
  • TK can be Wille E coyote? :D
  • I saw a Geisha costume in the dog section at Home Goods! I didn't get it because Kira is not going to be big enough for it by Halloween :(
  • Saw this and had to get it... Kouda as An-chan :)

See http://edenoftheeast.wikia.com/wiki/Angelika

• @zandrame - I love it! Where did you get it? I always wanted to do that one. I also like the detail on the show. They give the pup both black and blond lashes.
  • @zandrame love it too!! Adorable!
  • @violet_in_seville, we got it at Petsmart, in the Martha Stewart section. The wings are removable so the harness is reusable. Kouda fits a medium size. Ours might be defective though - we noticed the bendable wires in one wing don't go all the way to the center part so it flops more. If you get one, check for that! http://m.petsmart.com/mt/www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=20205026

They also have bat wings. :p
  • That kind of costume would be supremely ironic on Rakka.
  • edited September 2013
    I got a mailer today from petco- they are giving away a free set of Yoda ears with the purchase of any Star Wars dog costume... I think Matsu would be an excellent Han Solo. Sage would have to be Old Obi-Wan Kenobi, with the grey beard. But if I put that princess Leia headband/cinnabuns on Juno, she will NOT be pleased...
  • LOL @WrylyBrindle...i love it. :P I do really like the bandannas though :D !
  • well that's okay, because bandannas is all it is actually going to be! :D
  • edited September 2013
    Thanks for posting that link I'll have to get those angel wings! Make a B&T An chan! :D

@zandrame do they have glitter on the wings? Do the glitter flake off or stays on? I remember my cousin's had a big glitter stage as a kid always glitter nails or clothes and I'd be finding it when vacuuming. haha
  • I can't wait until this thread is full of Halloween photo spam! I am dog-less and ferret-less so no costume making for me this year! *sigh*

I know it's still early but don't forget to show your ideas and photos! :D
  • I think we are going to get those wings too. Our command is called the Airwolves so were going to make Yucca an airwolf.
  • image I present a Flower Kai and a Rex-Shiba
  • @Saya, sorry I didn't see the question until now! The sparkles are part of the fabric and don't come off. :)
  • @cdenney awe, so cute. Sachi looks so proper with the flower on. She's ready for the prom! And that rex outfit cracks me up...nom nom nom
  • I absolutely love this Samoyed cosplay of Amaterasu from Ookami:

Perhaps Saks could pull it off xD - she's excited about Halloween.

If I'm feeling ambitious enough to make the costume Dx
  • I've decided to go as Odin. London and new-dog will be going as Geri and Freki while TK stays locked up at home as the hand-eating Fenrir.
  • @cdenney Flower Kai! I love the pictures, they both look so great!

@slkblaze You MUST post pictures once you complete the outfit! I love that idea... And Saks enthusiasm LOL.
  • i wanted to cosplay as sango and have miyako be kilala or some other alternate version of kilala because kilala is white/off white with black stripes and miyako is red brindle lol but then i though about being a pokemon trainer and having nanook as growlith and miyako as arcanin since she will be bigger than him lmao
  • I am generally opposed to dressing dogs up but there 2 costumes I would love to do. i can go as Dr. Evil from Austin Powers and Logan can go as a shark with a laser on his head. The other would be reserved for the future when I have kids. I want to borrow my parents tank of a Golden Retriever, dress him up like a bomb and have one of the kids go as Major Kong from Dr. Strangelove.