Hi, my name is Lobo, and I am a barky buhund.

Comments

• I heart Lobo
  • he is sooo cute!!! Thanks for the update!
  • So cute! And photogenic!
  • @LoboSpam You have the best pictures and quotes, haha. Lobo is funny and handsome. Looks like he is very happy and has such a lovely home!
  • @LoboSpam I saw someone walking what looked like a Buhund today (too far away to know for sure). I saw it and my first thought was "Awww! A Lobo-dog!"
  • @LoboSpam You have the best pictures and quotes, haha. Lobo is funny and handsome. Looks like he is very happy and has such a lovely home!
    @rafatturi He is indeed quite the happy pup! Thank you!
    @LoboSpam I saw someone walking what looked like a Buhund today (too far away to know for sure). I saw it and my first thought was "Awww! A Lobo-dog!"
    @WhoBitMe LOL! Now that is awesome! I'm happy Lobo is becoming somewhat of a buhund mascot perhaps among the NK community :D

• edited May 2013
    Update!

I chewed grandma's glasses. Both pairs.

I also chewed grandma.

I killed a chicken and ate its squeaky heart.

It's getting sunny here in Oregon. Meh. I get hot.

Much happier in the woods.

I went hiking with two other dogs for the first time and they were complete assholes.

Whatever, still smiling. Even if mom isn't.

She makes me sit and wait next to epic backdrops while she takes a picture while I wait for her to throw the stick.

That's better.

Guys, look at my brand spankin' new teeth. My mouth doesn't smell like rotten fish anymore.

I got the hang of the whole swimming thing. Gotta do SOMETHING with these webbed feet.

Most of the time though, I do this. Because I'm a guard dog and IFYOUCOMEANYWHERENEARMYDOORANDTALKIWILLBARKBARKBARKBARKBARK

• Hehe, awesome. He's too cute :D
  • edited June 2013
    Greetings, humans. It's been a rough month. I found a bottle of little things filled with powder and of course, I chewed the bottle open and ate a bunch of them, much to my mom's horror. Then to my horror I was taken to a place where there were all these people around me and one of them put stuff in my eye and I puked a lot, like a lot a lot, then they made me eat a bunch of this black tar-like stuff, and every day they poked me and took out some red stuff, and mom had to give me this horrible orange-tasting powder and she slept next to me and she cried a lot. Then one day all the terrible stuff stopped and mom seemed happy and I felt fine. But now after those people tortured me I hate strangers and I bark at them at every opportunity and mom is teaching me to not be scared of people.

ANYWAY.

I went on my first backpacking trip!

This is where we stayed. I listened to make sure bears and mountain lions and cougars didn't try to eat my mom, she's mine to chew and mine alone.

I played fetch in the water!

I went hiking!

I played fetch in the water!

Check out my doorway yoga.

Check out this big ole waterfall.

Check out this GIANT RIVER

Check out this GIANT RIB...omnomnomnomnom

• oh dear Lobo! Adventure dog after my own heart... You sure have some awesome places to hike! Thanks for telling us about your month- and stay off the pills!
  • edited June 2013
    Love the pictures. Lobo sounds so adventurous and also naughty..

How does Lobo does off leash pretty good?

Saya would love to hike where you go she loves places that have creeks.

This video reminds me of Lobo. :) Barky buhund is right. haha

• He is awesome off leash! That is, when there aren't those "evil strangers" around. He has great recall, always stays within sight, good agility in the woods (though when he was at the edge of the cliff in one of the pictures, I'll admit I was pretty nervous).

Fortunately Lobo's bark isn't high-pitched like that :) He has the bark of a MUCH bigger dog - deep and booming. He has a spectrum of barks actually, but when he does make a high-pitched bark, it's only one, just to ask me to come downstairs, or ask the cat to play - not repetitive like in the video (thankfully). One of the issues with controlling his barkiness now is that people get intimidated when he barks at them, so this reinforces his belief that barking is a very effective way to keep evil strangers away.
  • I'm glad to hear that Lobo is doing OK. And as always, great pictures of Lobo. He always looks good!
  • edited July 2013
    Shameless request for votes, so Lobo and I can win outdoors stuff and go on more adventures! Vote for Lobo here

This is the photo I entered:

You should enter your dogs too, if you haven't already!

• OMG! I love all this Lobo spam! He's beautiful and SO cute!! i just want to hug him ^_^
  • I think I finished growing! I'm now 43 lbs. Pretty heavy for a buhund. It's all muscle, brah.

I met a Jindo girl named Hana. She was pretty. She walked ahead of us with her family but kept looking back at me. I think she was totally into me.

But my favorite lady, by far, is still mom.

I go to her for protection when the vacuum cleaner is on.

I play with her in the river!

I keep her company on hikes!

I love Grandma too. I'm officially her emotional support animal. She was depressed and antidepressants didn't work because something is wrong with her tummy but apparently my kisses work wonders. Doctor says so!

I've been spending lots of time with Daddy too.

And spending lots of time with Batman. Most of the time I'm eating his head or humping him. But sometimes we cuddle.

• D'aaaaw, Lobo. :)
  • Yay! More Lobo spam. :) Lobo hiking photos always look so fun. Do you hike the same spot often or do you go to different places?
  • @WhoBitMe We go on different trails. There are so many to choose from around Portland :)
  • @LoboSpam Yeah, there are a bunch. Do you have any good recommendations for favorite places to go? I want to take Meitou to more hiking spots.
  • @WhoBitMe Oh! Are you in this area too? Tell me more about what you're looking for. How far are you willing to drive? How long of a hike? How steep is too steep? Do you have a strong preference for avoiding crowds (like I do)? Do you want epic waterfalls or epic vistas more?
  • @LoboSpam I'm in the general area. Vancouver, actually. I don't mind there being some people, though I do prefer less. For the length of the hike I don't mind what the actual length is because I will just head back early if I need to. It also depends on who I drag out with me, lol. If my elderly dog comes it needs to be less miles that don't get too steep/no major climbing. Meitou is a mountain goat so some steepness isn't as much as an issue, though I prefer nothing too extreme. ;) And I like both waterfalls and vistas, so either is good, though in the warmer weather I do like to have water access for the dogs. And for driving... I would prefer two hours or less, but I don't mind up to three hours if the hike is super awesome.
  • I love the pic with u and lobo. His smile is priceless! <3
  • Such great pictures. I love the puppy to full grown! :)
  • Do they still have hunting lines of Buhunds left? Apparently they used to hunt moose with them, but now most people use Norwegian Grey Elkhounds.
  • @ttddinh I love his sleepy smirk in that picture! That was taken during morning greeting cuddles (he sleeps downstairs by himself).

@Saya Thanks!

@souggy There aren't any distinct lines except show lines in the US, probably the same in UK, not sure about Norway. My understanding is that they are quite rare there too. I've seen mentions of buhunds hunting but those mentions are so vague, that I wonder if they are even true. Where did you read that?
  • edited August 2013
    :) On Facebook. One of the Laika hunters from Norway mentioned he used to have a Norwegian Buhund as his first hunting dog as a child.
  • edited August 2013
    @souggy No way! Is there any way you can put me in touch with him? I'm always so eager to get some insight as to how buhunds were actually used in Norway.