Yamabushi no Kona -- Update and Snow Fun 2-8-16

Comments

• Okie doke...so this is for you @WhoBitMe, and for anyone else who is interested haha :) Kona is doing as good as ever, and makes me love her so much more and more everyday. Her personality is becoming so interesting as she matures...she's getting less shy and more confident, she is so patient with other dogs (minus when she was in her first heat cycle, she wanted to murder every male around her lol). She is very calm generally, and very lovey, and ONLY wants to play fetch the SECOND we get home. Everyday. I come in, open her pen, she kisses me and then grabs her toy and drops it on my foot. lol.

So here's a few pictures of her at the dog park, flying, playing, and cuddling lol.

Here's her first time meeting a cat :)

And here's a few more random ones...i've come to realize her FAVORITE toys, without fail, are anything with a rope and a ball attached to it. It's her crack.

And these last are really just random...a couple were from one morning at brunch, and the rest are from a fundraising event at our agility place :)

And last one I got of her from last night...curled up sleeping on Nate :)

Sorry there's so many! I just had so many, and these are so random lol. Anyway...I love her. A lot. <3
  • AH! And one video I got of her playing fetch, to demonstrate her favorite way of playing. She HAS to hop up on the bed, play tug of war, then go fetch. NOTE the bark every time I throw, apparently she only does this with me, which I can't figure out why she would do, but I laugh every time haha :P

• She is so tiny and precious!!!! Shelby slept like that on my chest until she was about 5 months old... Now she's too big!
  • LOL!! Awe Shelbyyyy!! I miss when they were 5 months old and younger...they were SO bouncy and chubby and lovey (and toothy lol!) :D
  • Psh... I don't miss it too much. Shelby got sick at about 3 months and I would worry any time she burped or farted after that that it was a relapse! I thought I was going to lose my mind! I do miss her feet and ears being too big for her tiny body and that puppy clumsiness. :)
  • I agree about the worrying haha...I definitely was the same! xP but oooh yes about the feet and ears!!! ^_^
  • @mdokic Thank you! I love Kona. Those pictures are all so cute! Meitou loves the ball/rope combo toys, too! He's got a tennis ball attached to a fleece tug and a jolly ball with a rope through it that he loves. His other favorite toys are laser pointers, a squeaky whale, a squeaky squirrel, a squeaky pheasant, and the break-dancing octopus (a small Tuffy megacreature toy that I discovered I can spin on its head on hard floors, lol). Bu he liked pratically every toy he has ever seen (including cat toys) And that fetch video was adorable. Meitou heard Kona bark and his ears perked up.

Here is a link to the octopus: http://www.tuffietoys.com/product/T-MG-CR-Oct-S-TG . Though I bought mine at a local pet supply store.
  • Nice pictures!

UCSD! I was thinking some of places looked familiar! :D
  • Aawee @WhoBitMe!! SO cute he loves the same toys!! :D Kona ADORES squeakers as well (although she always seems to kill the squeaker really fast...maybe she likes them because she wants to kill them?? :P ) and BREAK DANCING OCTOPUS?! :D I'm looking into that toy!! I'm sure she'll LOVE it! :D Btw, what breed is Meitou, Im sure you've mentioned it elsewhere, but I just saw your thread for him and he is ADORABLE!!! :D

And @zandrame, do you live in SD?! Did you used to go/go/work at UCSD?! IF so, I was thinking of renting out the Zoom Room in Encinitas for a San Diego NK meetup, that way all our dogs can play together :))
  • Holy cow, I didn't realize I made so many faces -___-
  • Yes to both! I went to ucsd and live/work in SD!

I didn't know there was a zoom room down here, that sounds like fun! My Shiba Kouda loves to play, but sometimes he can be a brat with new dogs. But regardless of his mood, *I* still want to play with the NKs!

And nothing wrong with the faces! :)
  • Oh cool! I just graduated UCSD and work in SD as well :) Zoom Room is fantastic, the agility classes are great, and it gets ALL of Kona's energy out (at least for one day :P ). I'll post up a thread then around when we want to organize a meetup!
  • oh i love kona!! she is just the sweetest thing!!!
  • @mdokic He's a Hokkaido. :)
  • Kona is looking awesome!! She still looks a ton like her brother Orry in some of these pics, in my opinion, just a touch more petite.
  • Love Kona! She's so cuddly and cute! Love the sleeping on Nate one. Her half bro Akuma might have to send her a present, he knows of a toy she'd like (he also has it, a rope with two tennis balls attached at the end)
  • I LOVE Kona! :D ~
  • Awwe @ttddinh!! ^_^

And @WhoBitMe, how COOL!! He's SOO cute!! Do you have more picture of him anywhere?? I only saw one...but I could have missed things :P

@MontanaKai haha thanks!! And I think she does too sometimes!! It's cool when you see the resemblance come out so strong in some pictures of all these guys from the litter...super neat :) And yeah, she's pretty petite lol! How big is Orry again?? He looks like such a muscly Kai man :))

@rafatturi aawweee haha!!! It must be their Nio blood in their veins :) ! But if you do that, then she would have to send her half-bro one too!! :D

And @Sangmort, you see her beautiful shiny collar someone made in the one of her under the chair?! ;)
  • @mdokic - LOL! I do! :) Kona makes everything look good! ~
  • @mdokic Orry was 35lbs when I had him weighed about 1.5 months ago. His weight has leveled off since that time though, and my guess is that he's 37 to 38ish now. I still expect him to top out near 40lbs. Like most Kai, he looks bigger in photos. And yes, the resemblances are super cool to see!
  • @mdokic No, that's the only one up on the forums. You didn't miss anything. I have a bunch on my camera, though. I have been pretty quiet about him and I've had him since April, 4th. I've been super nervous to post much about him and upload photos (I don't have an account anywhere, lol). Some of my family members might have posted pictures of him on Facebook, but since I don't use Facebook I have no idea. ;) Some day I am hoping I will post more pictures.
  • Yay for kona spam. So cute
  • BTW, what park is this? It looks really nice!
  • Awe @MontanaKai...he's a great size :)) They are definitely SO decieving in photos haha

@WhoBitMe, YES!! More pictures!!! :D

And @zandrame, that's at our private dog park in our community...it's my favorite thing about the place that I didn't even learn until AFTER getting the keys to our place!! :P
  • Ahh, I guess we can't casually meet up at the park then. That's too bad, it's so hard to find a good safe and clean dog park! I shall refrain from following you home.. at least until we are better acquainted! ;)
  • Haha! You are totally welcome to come anytime! Where do you live though? Because there are two really great dog parks I take Kona to still, Doyle dog park in La Jolla (the big dog side is my favorite :) ), and Nate's dog park! If you ever want to meet up and have our pups play let me know!
  • We are pretty close to Rancho Bernardo. We used to go to the Poway and RB parks, but have had the most success with small playdates. Kouda's favorite game (besides wrestling) is to grab a toy and be chased by the other dogs. But more often than not the other dogs and owners don't like him grabbing their toys! This has led to more scuffles than I like, and likely added to his reactivity - he'll sometimes snark when chased and cornered (even though he initiates it!). So we've pretty much stopped going to normal parks. :(

We once went to a dog park at Balboa Park, right near the bridge. Is that one Nate's? First thing Kouda did was grab somebody's frisbee and take off...

So the ideal setup is somewhere safe and low-key without too many dogs, and preferably toy-free while the dogs get to know each other.

LOL, reading that, Kouda sounds like such a jerk! Does that scare you off? He really likes to play though - we met up with a friend and her new dog a few days ago at a field with drag lines. Kouda wanted to be chased so bad, he started picking up clumps of grass and bouncing around her, but she just ignored him. :P
  • Awwe no that doesn't scare me off at all :) every dog is different, and there's NOTHING wrong with Kouda!! We can do a small play date though!! And Kona loves grabbing toys and being chased/chasing other dogs, so I think they would get along SUPER! Plus Kona is super patient :) Kona LOOOOVES chase. So if Kouda loves chase, I reeeally think they'll like each other! :D
  • edited July 2013

That pic is my absolute favorite! I don't know why, but I love how she sits and her expression when she's happy-sitting haha :D
  • Hahaha!!! I love it too! I know exactly what your talking about hahaha..she reminds me of big bro Motts in this picture :)