Color Grey/Brown
Spayed/Neutered
Declawed No
Site Sacramento SPCA - Adoptions
Location Dog Runs
Intake Date 5/26/2013
Adoption Price $100.00

Comments

• i think something is wrong? I can't find any adoptable dogs, much less the dog.
    I'm sad. I looove caucasian ovcharkas :)))
  • edited May 2013
    Try the link later. I think they are having some sort of computer glitch. (Or just do a search for Sacramento SPCA and go to their Adoptions section.)

I checked with the staff about his appearance. They think he was shaved, which is why he doesn't look real wooly. Also, his ears have been cropped.

Note; I have some contacts with the Sacramento SPCA. If you are interested in this dog, email me via the Nihon Ken Forum system and I will give you the contact info....
  • His face looks like a CO. I wish I could have him! But I guess there's lots of big "ifs" trying to incorporate any new dog into an established family of NKs, but especially a dog like a CO who is in the shelter--who know what is history is like. So, probably not a good dog for me, even if I could get him, which is unlikely!

Hope he finds a good home!
  • edited May 2013
    The Sacramento SPCA (like many facilities) has surrender forms that people fill out. He was surrendered, so there may be some "history" with him. Also, dogs placed on the Sacramento SPCA adoption floor are evaluated regarding their suitability for adoption. Within the next day or so, if he's not immediately adopted, his information will probably be expanded to include a couple more pictures and possibly a short "profile" describing his behavior...

(My schedule is fairly busy over the next few days, but if anyone on the forum is seriously interested in this guy, I could probably squeeze in some time to go visit him.)
  • okay did the google search. and yea. looks like a CO!
  • ah what a cutie!! i wish i had a bigger place to take in a bigger breed of dog...one day...
  • He's adorable! He looks very puppyish.Maybe the way they shaved him?

Hope he finds a suitable forever home :) ~
  • edited May 2013
    For those who are having a hard time finding him
    http://www.petango.com/Adopt/Dog-Caucasian-Mountain-Dog-Mix-19535734
  • He's very small for a 2 year old. Maybe be he's a Shar instead!

I passed this onto some CO rescue friends. Thanks for posting!
  • That was a new breed for me, Brad, so I looked them up. Interesting! Looks like he could be a Shar....similar look, but smaller.
  • Leave it to Brad to introduce you to more breeds...
  • Update on 'Big Boy":

He is no longer listed on the Sacramento SPCA website, because he will be going to a rescue group. This will probably help him find an appropriate home.
  • Glad to hear he got into a rescue group. Is it a CO or LGD group, do you know?
  • From what I understand, the Great Pyr Rescue of Northern CA will be pulling him and they have been in touch with CO Rescue. All I know.
  • A guy named Randy pulled him, he is part of a GP rescue, I believe.
  • Great news!
  • Glad to hear the good news :)