Yushoku Kishu (another pic added 4/11)

Comments

• Wow, I've just decided I want a coloured Kishu. That first one has the same colouring as an Anatolian. Is there such a thing as a light brindle Kishu?
  • At one point in time there were (possibly still exist) brindle kishus. They were rare before WW2 and the picture of a recent one I saw was taken in the 80s. Yushoku kishus are rare in Japan and very rare here in the US.
  • I really like the colored ones too!
  • Can I just... have him? Can that be a thing that happens in my life?
  • 3 boys?! Can u live with that?
  • Hang in there if everything works out hopefully we'll have taro x Nami pups at the end of this year.
  • We needs some pics of Nomi in this thread!
  • @ttddinh - Haha, I don't think so... but maybe in a different lifetime. My next dog will be female, for sure.

@shishiinu - I'm very excited! I didn't know if it was still happening! ;) I agree with Brad! We need more Nami in this thread. I always like hearing about your dogs and what they're doing.
  • @crispy--I predict that 2013 and 2014 will bring many changes into you life! :)
    Yea, fingers crossed that hopefully you will get the female kishu from taro x nami!!!!
  • edited March 2013
    I think this is the same Kishu as in the first post (her colors look a little "tidier" here.

Then there's this one! I have a love/hate relationship with his (her?) dark colors.

In the end, I don't think it matters what color the dog is, but I do love finding these yushoku "easter eggs".
  • A lot of socks on these yushoku. Guess there must be a bunch of white Kishu with white socks.
  • That first pic looks a LOT like Nami...

• edited March 2013
    Thanks for putting that pic up Brad! Its so crazy cause she is a really small Kishu, probably just a bit bigger then some Shibas.
  • edited March 2013
    @shishiinu - Her breeder promised Shig ( @TheWalrus ) that she'd grow to meet NIPPO standards in height for a female Kishu. Does she, you think?
  • @shishiinu - I love Nami! She has such a distinguished face. I was wondering how your pack was doing lately. I love hearing about them.

How old is Nami now?
  • @brada1878 - I think she is a bit smaller then the standard. I'm going to measure her up but I'm pretty sure she is on the small scale. She does have a lot of guts though for her small size, absolutely fearless.

@crisy - Pack is doing great, unfortunately I havent been able to do much hunting due to a nasty flu I had but I hope I can get them all back out this weekend. Nami is a little over a year old now.
  • I'm interested to know how big she ended up. She was tiny as a pup.
  • I am not in love with this Kishu, but I figured I'd post her.

Maybe it's just because she's out of coat, but her head looks a little strange when paired with that body. Or maybe it's because she's a pup?

• edited May 2013
    I found another dog... and I was wondering about him. I think it keeps saying he's a Kishu Mix and not all Kishu, but I don't know because... he's got the tan-point pattern.
    http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/shiroinu/diary/201201310000/ this is the site I found him on (with different pictures of him).

I like this guy's ruddy color.

With bonus Kai(?):
    more colored Kishu here: http://inublo.jp/blog/gomakisyu

I will always be a fan of the dogs with pinto markings. I think they're very flashy. I the color of a dog is not all that matters, but it certainly helps in snagging my attention!
    from here: http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/taronusi/34427829.html
  • edited May 2013
    I swear, this is the last time I'll spam the board this morning.
    I really like these two Kishu, though.

And lastly, the colored Kishu has the zoomies:
  • Keep it coming!
  • Lol @crispy I think u need a kishu soon! :p
  • @shishiinu I'll do my best!

@ttddinh I told Gen... but I woukd ideally like to wait until my boyfriend and I get our own house for a Kishu. That said, if the absolute right dog comes along and I am not in a house yet, I'll still snag the opportunity. I really want a colored Kishu, but the color comes last to an exemplary build, temperament, and health.

I've really been considering what I want in my Kishu other than 'just a companion'. I think the Shikoku community is growing stronger in NA and I would really like to help do that with the Kishu breed here (though sometimes it seems like an intimidating task). I haven't been able to experience one of my own first hand, but the more I meet and the more I learn, the further I fall in love with them.
  • Wow! I have to appreciate how unique this dog is. Even among the colored Kishu, I haven't seen a piebald one like this...

• The bonus kai and kishu picture was neat.. The dog on the left looks interesting almost greyish or silver?
  • @Saya I thought so too! I thought it was a "blue" Kai Ken at first, but I think it must be a mix of something. I'm not even entirely certain it's a Kai mix. I don't see any brindle and I don't think the blue dilute exists in the NK?

Maybe @thewalrus or @brada1878 would know?

Here are some more Yushoku examples. Most of the ones I'm coming across are silver/grey. I came across one (that I have not posted yet - still looking into it) that almost looked like a sable GSD with a heavy read undercoat. I couldn't see the dog's face, so I hadn't posted it. I can dig it back up and post it, though.

I'm finding that I really like the heavy mask on some of the colored Kishu. I think it makes them look very distinguished and helps make their expression unique among the NK, to me.
  • I don't see a kai picture anywhere... what am I missing?
  • edited May 2013
    @brada1878 One of my previous posts. I thought the dog in the back was a Kai. The "blue" one in front was the one I was questioning. Like some kind of NK mix, but the blue color was strange to see!
    With bonus Kai(?):

• edited May 2013
    I found this on the website I found some of the other Yushoku dogs on.

@shishiinu - Is the brindle dog a Kishu?
    site & page: http://www.champ1.com/record/tenran/tenran75.html