Yamabushi no Kona -- Update and Snow Fun 2-8-16

Comments

• LOL yes she is!! But she has such a big adventurous personality that it makes up for what she lacks in size hehe :D
  • Hahahaha She doesn't lack size! She's perfect! I love it! Goro is the one with size overload lol We were actually leaning towards a Kai that weighted 30 or less... and end up with Gorozilla LOL
  • LOL Goro!! xP it is nice for sure to have her so small in our townhome lol, i think it feels big to her :D We're working to set up an obstacle course thingy in the garage so maybe she can play and we can teach her stuff ^_^
  • That sounds awesome!
  • She's so cute and little!!!!! I love Kona!! and I love that she's a beach girl- SurfDawg! Fun! She likes being picked up, huh? What a good lil kaigirl she is...I want to come over and pick her up, too. and play on the beach! How lucky they allow dogs. When I lived in Massachusetts, dogs were only allowed in winter (which admittedly is about 6 months) and IF the plovers werent nesting.
  • Lol!! Come pick her up anytime and play on the beach anytime!! :D She doesnt mind being picked up, when it happens she just goes "oh, ok" and relaxes ... I think that's because Nate picked her up SO much when she was little, she just gave up trying to squirm away :P And yeah, we're lucky there are planty of places where dogs are allowed on the beach...this particular location was Fiesta Island Dog Beach, so it's ACRES of land with fences by the main road so they're free to run around but still safe just in case :) I liked it, and with the more-still water i thought it was a good introduction...once she gets used to this ill take her to Del Mar Dog Beach during low tide ^_^
  • Kona is a cutie! Great pictures :D
  • Thank you!! :)
  • so cute!
  • Second beach day today and last bit of spam for a while haha...this was her first time at the ocean, rather than a bay, and her reactions were fun and interesting here too :) needless to say I think she's loving the water and all the adventures that come with it image

Then she socialized with the cutest little girl...she's still confused when it comes to children, but much better. And this girl was happy to help! :D

• Great pics! She's so cute, and I'm loving the beach photos! Makes me miss the ocean, though. I love the ones with the ball, and with the malinois (I think) leaping after her!
  • Thank youuu!!! Where do you live again?? just come visit us! :D I loved watching the malinois (i think too xP) chase her up and down and up and down! And Kona was struggling with the ball being all slippery haha...and it would bob up and down and she'd paw at it like "STAY DANGIT STAY!" lol :P
  • Love her!
  • sweet pictures love the spam
  • Thanks! ^_^
  • edited May 2013
    I live in NM, but was born in SoCal, which is why I miss the ocean! :) That said, I've lived most of my life away from it (in Alaska and NM), so....

But it sure looks fun to see Kona playing on the beach! :)
  • Oh man it's great!! And with the weather waeming up, the water's super nice too (not FREEZING COLD) haha..awe! I want to visit alaska SOOO bad. That's just some place i gotta go...my ultimate goal (expensive, so we'll see if i can ever really have the money to do it), but i wanna climb denali and go glacier kayaking :))) Those are dreams of mine...unfortunately kona can't join me on those xP i even looked up if she could hike Mt. Whitney with me, and they allow dogs only up to outpost camp 1 or something...since past that is sequoia national park, and they dont allow dogs...poop. :(
  • She is so pretty! Your pics are gorgeous, and holding kona reminds me so much of Shelby! She must be much easier to hang on to than my big beast! :)
  • Thank yoou!! Our girls had a handsome mom and pop hehe ^_^ LOL kona is pretty easy to hold and it definitely helps that she's pint-sized xP does shelby like to be held?!! How is she doing btw!
  • Kona is super cute! I definitely see some similarities with Orry, especially in their profiles. They both have really cool markings by their right eyes.

I really hope to take Orry to the coast someday. The only problem is that he's super mischievous and loves to steal (always has...a serious klepto). He steals from other dogs, my daughters, or really anyone who is not paying attention. It usually gets us all laughing, but I'm not so sure how the innocent beach bum would react.

Thanks for the spam!
  • Matsu likes to be held and carried- not forever, but I can't hold him forever anyway! He;s kindof a leaner, and pushes the top of his head into me. Part of his Good Morning to me is to butt his head through my legs and lean while I scruff up his sides and down his back legs.

I love Kona at the beach! How lucky that you can go there and run free.. :)
  • @MontanaKai yeah when i looked at pictures of orry i saw similarities in their profiles as well :) LOL klepto Orry! xP im sure he'll be fine...with all the stimulations at the beach maybe he'll forget about being klepto hehe :) but definitely do it and try!! It's so much fun for the doggies AND for us humans haha :)

@WrylyBrindle yeah Kona's probably a little easier to hold than Matsu just weight wise haha! But she definitely prefers the lean...when we get home she does a lean till she falls over on her side or head butts us xP I wish you guys could visit here! It's definitely a different experience i feel like for them at the beach...and since there arent a lot of dog-friendly trails the beach is definitely a good option for her to run free and still be safe from the roads...she doesnt venture off too far which is nice, but still i worry if we're close to the street. PLUS it gets pretty warm, and a dip in cool water never hurts :)
  • Kona seems to be so happy to play at the beach !! <3 And she is so cute !
  • Kona is super cute! I definitely see some similarities with Orry, especially in their profiles. They both have really cool markings by their right eyes.

I really hope to take Orry to the coast someday. The only problem is that he's super mischievous and loves to steal (always has...a serious klepto). He steals from other dogs, my daughters, or really anyone who is not paying attention. It usually gets us all laughing, but I'm not so sure how the innocent beach bum would react.

Thanks for the spam!
    Leo is a serious thief too. From everyone! And he's so fast it--it happens so quick you wouldn't believe it! (or you probably would if Orry does it!) He figures out what he wants and then waits til his moment and snatches it and runs, tail up in the happy Kai position!

Leo does not like to be held though!
  • LOL! Kona is so sneaky about it too! They like PURPOSELY wait for the person not to be watching, then "MINE" and like you said, tail up super high in the air hehe!

Awe Leo! He's so cute i want to hold him though xP
  • @shibamistress That's hilarious and it sounds just like Orry. He's so bad with it that most of the time I don't even think he really cares about the item. The thrill is in the actual steal. And yes, he runs so fast from us but as soon as he has enough distance he slows down and starts to prance...looking back at us from the corner of his eye of course. Such a punk!
  • LOL! Kona is so sneaky about it too! They like PURPOSELY wait for the person not to be watching, then "MINE" and like you said, tail up super high in the air hehe!

Awe Leo! He's so cute i want to hold him though xP
    Yup, they plot, I think. For objects that he really does want, Leo will watch to see where it is, and is willing to wait hours to get the chance to get it! He doesn't forget!
    @shibamistress That's hilarious and it sounds just like Orry. He's so bad with it that most of the time I don't even think he really cares about the item. The thrill is in the actual steal. And yes, he runs so fast from us but as soon as he has enough distance he slows down and starts to prance...looking back at us from the corner of his eye of course. Such a punk!
    Yep, there's the "I got it!" prance. And sometimes it's true--I don't think he even wants the thing. He just wants to grab and run.

But some things he's really determined to get. In our house it's my reading glasses and pens in particular.
  • Sheesh i love our Kais...they're ridiculous LOL. xP
  • @mdokic I would love to see more Kona pics. ;)
  • Haha! I'll upload some when I get home then :D