Pharaoh Hounds

edited May 2013 in Other Breeds
So, I have a deposit down with Brad and Jen for a Kai (YAY!) later this year which means its never too early to start doing research for my next dog which will probably be in 3-5 years. While there are several breeds that I am looking at including another Kai, I am very interested in the Pharaoh Hound. Has anyone here had any experience with these?

Comments

• No, but yay for the Kai!!!!!!!
  • When I went lure coursing most recently I spoke with the club organizer about her pharaoh hounds- really athletic, and motivated to CHASE!

Best wishes for your kai pup! exciting!
  • I think that will be a great combination.

This is a local breeder to me whom I like, and she does a lot of performance stuff with her pharaohs: http://pharaoh-hound.net/
  • @lindsayt Have you met her? Of the breeders pages that I have visited visited so far I like hers the most for the simple fact she does not lead off with all the awards the dogs have won. Obviously can't pick a breeder based on just a webpage, but a person's webpage is usually a good insight into their personality.
  • She and her family are all very nice :)
  • I met a Pharaoh Hound once a few years ago. She seemed pretty calm and well-mannered. I liked her. Other than that, I don't have any real experience with them. :)
  • We had a Pharaoh Hound at the dog park. Very well behaved dog. Was a joy to watch move.