Tajo's Thread, Pictures (4th Birthday Pics Update) *SPAM

Comments

• He's a nice clear red!!
    What did you end up feeding him?
  • omg he's such a cutie!
  • Before his ears came up, Tajo looked a lot like my little Angi. I'll be interested to see when her ears come up if the resemblance remains.
  • @rikumom:
    We changed our vet, and the new one concluded that he had a worming issue. And that was the case since after treatment he didnt have diarreah anymore :) We fed him raw food for one week and we slowly introduced again the food that the breeder recommended. He is now on puppy food, luckily we found ekuanuba food here in Albania, and we will feed him with ekuanuba from now on :)
  • Yay!! Glad to hear the diarrhea stopped!
  • MAN!! These Akita pups are SO frikkin' cute!!! If I knew our temperaments would mesh I'd so love to have one... but alas..... :(
  • Wow, beautifull pup! Any new pics? =)
  • edited April 2013
    Update
  • edited March 2017
    Tajo now 5 and a half months old. (Sorry for the quality of the photos, they are taken with a cell phone)

• Yep, still looking like a masculine version of Angirasu... he resembles her more than her brother! Weird. XD
  • So handsome, thanks for the update!
  • He is much more successful at reaching the top of the counter at 5.5 months old than Meichan at 9 months!! So cute and handsome at the same time!
  • ADORABLE LITTLE MAN!!! :D

btw, i LOVE those puppy photos of him a while back.
  • Actually I'm getting a little bit worried since we weighted Tajo today and he is around 65lbs at 6 months old...

I dont know if he is overweight or not... Can somebody which is more experienced judge by the photos?

@poeticdragon can you please give me an opinion?
  • edited April 2013
    Can you take a top-down picture of your dog? Like this but standing up:

• edited April 2013

This is the best i have right now, since Tajo is with my girlfriend for the moment to an other city. I will ask her tomorrow to take a new photo.

Thank you very much for your reply.
  • @poeticdragon

Maybe this one can help?

• edited April 2013
    What i am looking for is how visibly his hips protrude from his sides. There should be a noticeable indent in front of his hips. Here is a visual guide:

Telling "ideal" and "heavy" apart from a side view of a fluffy dog is very difficult. Overhead is much easier. He does look like he might be ~5lbs heavy but I don't know if its just the photos. You can tell better in person.
  • From what i can notice he looks more like on the heavy side. We are now using less amount of food for him.

Thank you!
  • edited June 2013
    Tajo @ 6 1/2 Months

• so cute love akita floppy ear stage haha
  • He has super cute freckles!
  • Ahhhhh I love the one where he's running with this tongue out. I cannot wait to take mine to the beach. Did he go into the water at all? Like past his knees?
  • What a pretty boy! Such a dark red too
    He's completely transition out of puppy coat and in adult coat right?
  • edited April 2013
    @maru
    He usually dosent go inside water more than past his paws, but today he was motivated by a seagull which was flying around, so he went inside past his knees, he didnt go deeper, we have not yet seen him swimming.

@rikumom
    Yes for sure, as a puppy 8-9 weeks old he was almost grey with a small brownish tint.
    Then he became light brown. And now he has an orange-red colour. For sure the photos make him look like a really dark red because of additional saturation added by the camera.
  • I also noticed that he looks identicaly to his grandfather:

Tozan Go Toukyou Takaryuu
  • First swimming session:

He digged it all by himself :P

• wow what a pretty beach!!! and I hope he enjoyed his first swim :)
  • I love how the red on his legs extend all the way down to the top of the foot.
    In comparison Meichan wears white stockings up to her elbow. Your breeder did well!

So cool he swims!
  • Yes, he is sleeping :P