Some pictures of Conker

13»

Comments

• I've got a pair of big brass O rings I thread the belt through. One on either side, so I can clip the leash to my left or right. If I forget to put them on, then I do it how you described (there is a "floating" ring on the leash for this purpose). If it's a leash with a handle, I thread the belt through the loop. The rings are easiest so I do it that way.
  • Conker looks super in his new leathers! the two-snapper leash is pretty awesome, too! Osy makes nice stuff!!! :)
  • Love the collar and the last picture is cute.
  • @Losech Could you take a picture? It's a hard visual for having never seen anything like that lol :P
  • @Cezieg Okay, I took some crotch shots just for you :)

First we have the double-clip leash. It is attached to one of the rings I slide onto my belt.
    Next is the same leash, but looped through the belt and clipped to the floating ring on the leash.
    Then there is a regular handle leash. Sometimes I've got a carabiner handy, so I'll clip that to the handle and the ring.
    Sometimes the ring is occupied, so I just clip the carabiner to the belt instead. (I do not like having two leashes on the same ring. Get tangled easily.)
    And if I don't have a carabiner or the ring, I slide the handle through the belt.

I prefer the double-clip leash with Conker since he is easy to handle. Juneau is all over the place, so it's easier if I do not have to keep unclipping the leash to switch sides. Also, she is much easier to control if I am holding the leash with the handle around my wrist rather than attached to my belt.
  • Conker looks great with his new collar!
  • Ohhhh very cool! I practically never wear belts unless I need one for practical purposes, like doing work that requires jeans and lots of leaning/bending. That's a solid looking belt too. Need to get me one of those. Maybe I'll have @sangmort make one, because her waiting list is pretty short I hear. :P
  • It's a pretty good one! Especially since I got it at a thrift store for $2. Haven't been able to find one like it since. The buckle's plating is wearing off, but it's still going strong.
    Most of my pants and shorts are too big for me, so I kinda need one just for that.
  • That collar is awesome, and Conker looks mighty handsome in it! I wish I had thought of the 2 clip leash when I was training Mya... Would have made my life much easier!
    I'm still jealous of all the good pics you get of Conker and his off leash training. :) He looks like an amazing pup!
  • Wow...Conker is one gorgeous Shiba!! Love all the amazing pictures :)
  • Conker update!

He's doing fine. Eating well (mostly) and hasn't had any bad digestive issues for a while. His knee is still obnoxious, but hasn't gotten any worse.

Sometimes I let him lick my smoothie cups.

Took a picture with some pretty spring flowers.

For a little while his pads were wearing off, I still don't know why, so he got to ride on my shoulders during walks a lot.

We chill on the porch a lot.

Conker finally figured out that he has a much better vantage point when he's on top of these bricks.

We don't hike as often as we used to (now that I've got a full-time job on a farm).

I try to go at least once a week though.

This is what happens when it's time to eat.

• Aww!!!! I love seeing new pictures of conker!!! He is too cute :)
  • His royal badassery <3 ~
  • He look mighty manly in that collar :)
  • I like the picture of him riding on your shoulders! :) I wouldn't dare try with Meitou. He'd wiggle way too much. Plus, I can't imagine trying that with a dog that will be at least the size of my border collie...and there is no way I would try with her, either. I think I would end up hurting myself, hahaha.
  • Oops I've neglected my Conker picture thread.

Sleeping under the RV.

Conker shows Katana how a ManDog takes a piss.

Conker on a pile of pillows.

Diggin for critters.

Conker finally accepts the gas pump people and allows them to touch *his* Jeep, IF they pay him first. He watched them closely to be sure they do not harm the Jeep.

Conker claimed Katana's crate as his because I put straw in it. Conker loves straw.

Somewhere in Northern California.

Obligatory - Shiba on Desert Junk Edition

Demanding to be let in. (Didn't happen)

Examining my Grandma's flowers. Many were pruned during our stay.

Conker thought it was hot in Arizona.

He spent most of the day inside a wire crate with a blanket on top.

Somewhere just over the Arizona/Utah border.

This desert belongs to the Emperor.

Conker went under the cattleguard.

Being a creep.

• Conker is looking great. :)
  • edited February 2014

Conker got in trouble during a game of fetch when he bit Juneau's neck. That is not tolerated, so he gets pulled out of the game when he does it. (He appears to have taught it to Katana. So happy about that.)

Conker and the Girls returning during a game of fetch.

Refusing to give me the ball.

Guarding the fence from my neighbor's monster cow. Seriously, listen to it here.

Shiba'tude

Conker has been having digestive problems off-and-on for the past few months now. He'd been relatively stable in that department for a while, but things degraded while we were in Arizona last December. I've been struggling to get him to eat reliably, he's being difficult about finishing his food and will refuse things he's loved in the past. Luckily he hasn't lost any weight yet, but there's no guarantee he won't.
    I've begun a smallish blog specific to Conker 's problems so I can compile all my notes and stuff in one place since it's all over and not organized at all. You can read it here: http://conkersbowl.tumblr.com/
  • UMM... I think this is the first time I have seen Conker and OMG he is BEAUTIFUL!!! How much does he weigh? I may have to hit up your breeder... Absolutely Beautiful.
  • edited February 2014
    Thank you! Conker is about 25lbs when he's in good shape. He is something like 17-18 inches tall, very leggy and biggish for a Shiba. He came from a puppy mill, so I don't think you'd want to hit up his breeder... I got him from a shelter.
  • Awww... sucks... Yea Hades weighs 26lbs. Zeus was 32 last weighed. Zeus breeder was kinda sketchy. Her website isn't even up anymore. :( I love big muscle shibas!
  • Conker is pretty muscular when he's eating well. His front end is all hulked out due to the severe luxating patella in his right knee. His back end isn't all that muscular 'cause he puts most of his weight on the front end.

Katana on the other hand, he's a little tank. He's going to be a beefcake when he's an adult.
  • NIce. You're on the west coast right? I gotta see them.
  • Yep, Southern Oregon. Let me know if you ever drift my way :)
  • Yes will do !
  • I love the tongue sticking out pic so funny. :) I love how good Conker is with you.

I hope Conker gets better eating wise soon.

• Conker and his 'photo shoot' are amazing. I'm slowly getting around to all the topics here and so glad you share his adventures!
  • Conker is a cutie! ;)
  • I LOVE CONKER. !!!! :D