Yamabushi no Kona -- Update and Snow Fun 2-8-16

edited February 2016 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
Kona is from the recent Nio x Ayu litter from Yamabushi Kennel! She is definitely a crazy Kai, very wiggly and lots of fun. She's the first dog I've ever personally owned (that wasn't one from when I was growing up), and she's the best first dog I could have asked for :) She was such a joy as a puppy and such a fast learner and she just keeps growing into an amazing dog and companion. Life would not be the same without her for sure image

from her first hikes:

and now :)

Comments

• Aww!!! Look how petite she is! She is precious!
    That face is sooooo cute too!
    I do see how Shelby looks like a monster Kai compared to Kona. She also looks much girlier than Shelby.

Too sweet :)
  • Thank you!!! Where are you from btw? Any chance anywhere close to Cali?? :)
  • ahahaha... Kona has such a cute face. :)
  • Lol, mini kai face ^_^
  • So cute !! Love her little face !!
  • Oh God, she's adorable!!! :) ~
  • Kona is so adorable. Does she like all those basketballs? hehe
  • She is super cute! :)
  • She is sooo precious and pint-sized!! :) hehee, so different from Matsu and Goro; but cute nonetheless!! :)
  • Thank you all for the compliments! @WrylyBrindle is right, Nio and Ayu don't have puppies, they're LOVE children! xP

And @Saya, here is how much she LOVES basketballs hehe :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkOlUCk0Ny0&feature=youtu.be

She even likes to STEAL lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5wT8rYwCso&feature=youtu.be

but she's much better at soccer, i'll have to get a video of that one day :P
  • edited April 2013
    I love her tiny-ness! She's the size of a 3-4 month old Goro, except she's slim and fit and Goro was a burly beast! LOL
  • LOL thank you! Goro is the CUTEST burly beast ever!! We have a cat door at our place and Chrystal was joking that it was too small for her to fit, but if she tried hard enough i think she could barely fit hahaha :P (wouldnt be very comfy tho)...i was actually watching "Too Cute" on animal planet, and some cats on there are even bigger than her! xP
  • awww Kona is super duper cute!! Her face reminds me of Hana a little!! :)
  • Kona is just so adorable!! I am so happy you're on the forum. Fb is cool for pics but the forum is great for stories!
  • Thanks @tjbart17 ! I agree, and there are so many threads here i've referenced for questions i've had in my head about kais that are SO helpful! much more rich in stories and content than FB :)
  • She is really cute.
  • So CUTE with the basketbal!!!
  • Hahaha thanks! :D
  • love seeing pictures of pups growing super cute :)
  • Got to meet Kona at the OC Pet Expo today. She is the cutest and sweetest thing ever. Kaiju and Kona hit it off right away, it was super adorable. Oh, and for being so small, she is such a little piggie.... :)

@brada1878 @creativejen the Nio x Ayu litter produced some amazing pups! I don't think I could get enough of their stories!

I think I've caught the Kai love bug! :)
  • Dawww Kona is so freaking cute! How much does she weigh? She's definitely a petite little girl, but looks like she has a big personality :)
  • @ttddinh - Yea, we're really proud of that litter. :)
  • She's super cute! She reminds me of Nio in person.
  • @ttddinh it was so awesome meeting you and Kaiju!! I still think it was hilarious how much they hit it off :P we all have to get together sometime soon!! We met this girl who lives really close that just got a Hokkaido pup too! ^_^

@cezeig The last time i weighed her it said 19.6 LOL. But that was at Petsmart and at the vet it's always a teeny bit higher, so maybe 20.6 or so haha and yes, her personality is HUGE and HILARIOUS. xP

@ayk she totally does. she has moments when im like "gah yeap that's nio" then "ah! that's Ayu!" it's so interesting to watch :)
  • Kona had a great time at the Pet Expo, meeting new Shikoku friends and meeting some fun people ^_^

She met Shikoku pup Kanani and dad Kaiju!

And in the end she got loved and very sleepy lol

• Holy cow! I was like "I didn't know Akuma went to the expo." LOL That right eye brindle makes Kona look like a ton Akuma!
  • LOL i thought the SAME thing about the right eye brindle when i saw pictures of Akuma!! i was like "Is that Kona?? waaait nooo" hahaha
  • @mdokic Kona looks amazing! She's a super cute Kai, that's for sure. And that's cool to hear someone got a Hokkaido. Almost makes me wish I were closer so Meitou could have a Hokka playmate. :)
  • Kona had a big day yesterday!! Her first time at the BEACH! :D I was actually really surprised that the very first thing she did was BOLT straight into the water without me being in that deep, but she did! She didnt quite go that deep again, but she did wade around and play with other doggies in the water too :) We fed her some treats to encourage her that water is FUN! She seemed to enjoy just walking in, then SPRINTING around the sand and up and down hills...overall it was quite the adventure.

Here's her first leap of faith!!

Then some pictures of her exploring and investigating this big body of water :)

Oh yeah...and there was DIGGING lol

LOL, oh yeah...and she also had her first brewery experience at Rough Draft Brewing Co :)

And the manager at Round Table on campus (where me and my best friend would code while sipping on beer haha) wants to make her the OFFICIAL UCSD Round Table mascot! :D

Sorry for all the photo spam!!! I just had to share! Looks like she's liking the water, and JUST in time for the coming summer!! The ocean is my favorite place and I get to share it with my favorite girl <3
  • She's so tiny!