Hi, my name is Lobo, and I am a barky buhund.

edited February 2013 in Other Breeds
I was born on November 14, 2012 at Hundehaven. That's me in the purple collar. I was the first one born, and the biggest.

9.5 weeks later, I met my mom. She liked that I was big and a little more aloof than the other boy. I was put in a diaper and sent on the 4 hour drive home, after grandma Catherine shed some tears letting me go:

The ride home was okay. My diaper fell off and right before I got to my new home, I diarrhea pooped on the floor of the car. Oops.

I promptly started trying to destroy everything in my new home and depriving my new family of sleep, but it was all okay because I looked so friggin cute and my breath smelled like coffee.

I got lots of love. This is me getting snuggled by my new grandma.

Mom took me on my first hike, and I loved it.

I annoyed the hell out of my new siblings.

I visited some Oregon waterfalls.

Mostly I lay under the desk while my mom works. Sometimes she takes a break to snuggle with me.

When she got the stomach flu, I made sure to smother her with buhund love.

I like to run in fields lookin' all cute.

Sometimes I pretend I'm posing for a really nice sunset shot, when I'm really just eating poop.

All your rocks are belong to me.

And that's pretty much my life so far. Oh, and if you need happy puppy greetings, let me know. I do this thing where I sit and fold my ears back and act really happy to see you. Then when I'm done saying hi, I move on because I'm a spitz and humans are only somewhat interesting to me. Except my owner. She's not allowed to be in a room without me. Even if she needs to pee or poop.

Comments

• AH! Cute overload!
  • cute cute cute!

Snf
  • OMG LOBO is the cutest thing!!!!
  • Aww, what a cute little guy! I need to plan a hiking trip up there so I can drive up and meet you two. But, my Jeep isn't working right now so... Yeah, no fun hiking trips just yet.
  • Thanks all :)

@Losech That'd be awesome! When Lobo is a little older, there are sooooo many amazing hikes we can do up here. I'd like to take a trip down your way as well. Especially in fall. I like leaves changing color and stuff.
  • Lobo is awesome! He's got the best little face + stocky body + curled tail combination lol. I'm so jealous of your hiking landscapes :)
  • What a lucky little pup :D
  • Lobo is super cute (I know you know), but I wanted to pop in and yelp out my two cents!
  • Some more recent pics:

• Nomnomnomcarrot. How big is little Lobo now?
  • He's 20 lbs of ball-busting cuteness :)
  • AHHH LOBOOOO LOOOVEE~~~ <3 <3 <3

How big will he eventually get? :)
  • Love the first picture on recent pics so cute reminds me of Saya when she is on hill.

Last two pictures are adorable! Bark! Let me in!

Saya loves tossing little carrots around. She won't eat it unless cooked though. hehe
  • AHHH LOBOOOO LOOOVEE~~~ <3 <3 <3

How big will he eventually get? :) </blockquote>

@thegela 35-40 lbs. I'm guessing 40 because he was the giant of his litter :)
    Love the first picture on recent pics so cute reminds me of Saya when she is on hill.

@Saya Yeah, from some angles he looks soooo shiba-esque!
  • When I'm walking my shiba in crowded areas in Norway, I swear it happens every day that an old man or woman will come up to me and tell me "it's so nice to see you have a buhund, I remember when I was young and we had one at the farm..." and by that time I don't feel like I can tell them that he's actually a shiba.

Love the barking picture in the middle there. Arf arf!
  • love his look!
  • When I'm walking my shiba in crowded areas in Norway, I swear it happens every day that an old man or woman will come up to me and tell me "it's so nice to see you have a buhund, I remember when I was young and we had one at the farm..." and by that time I don't feel like I can tell them that he's actually a shiba.

Love the barking picture in the middle there. Arf arf!
    @paranoidparrot Wow! That's so the opposite of my experience, lol

And yeah, Lobo was not happy that I was sitting there taking pictures instead of letting him in :P
  • He's adorable! :D ~
  • LoboSpam update!

I eat raw chicken now. OMNOMNOMNOM

I didn't realize how deep this water was...

So I accidentally went swimming.

I did not appreciate my human's amusement.

Fortunately, my spitz coat dried off pretty quick.

Sometimes I sleep like a book.

I like to run along river banks, and I have awesome recall.

I like snow!

And snakes!

And "cigars"

And lap naps!

imageimage

But not this.

• :) "Sometimes I sleep like a book" :)
  • I love all the pictures so hard to choose favorite. :)
  • I love how he fell in the water!! He is such a cutie!!
  • Lobospam update!

I discovered this thing they call fetch, and I am obsessed.

My human decided she wants to hunt mushrooms, so she took me mushroom hunting with her. Mostly I waited and sniffed stuff while she looked at the ground and squinted, and I kept falling off of logs.

My human hurried to use that little machine while I was standing in this spot. I have no idea why. A spot is a spot is a spot.

Sometimes my tongue sticks out while I sleep.

And sometimes I fall asleep with stuff in my mouth (I'm teething, and my breath smells like rotten fish garbage now).

I've grown so much! Here's me at 9.5 weeks with grandma (11.5 lbs), vs. 4.5 months (26 lbs) and grandma is complaining that picking me up is like lifting weights.

I still go hiking!

I still harass Batman (and he still kicks my ass)!

And I still sleep on laps!

And occasionally I spoon with legs.

And I still care more about poop than I care about waterfalls!

• I love the "I still go hiking!"

Picture lovely looking place to hike. :)
  • I bet most dogs care about poop more than waterfalls, Lobo! you aren't alone in that! :)
    Growing up nice, you are!
  • aww love all the photos!! i still go hiking and still sleep on laps are so cute!
  • i love that last photo! Beautiful scenery
  • Dawww Lobo! He's grown so much, yet still has his cute puppy face. He must love going hiking with you with all that scenery :D