Tanuki, brindle JA. Aiko Kensha No Michi Go (SPAM!!!!)

Comments

• i love the last picture with the both of them!! They look like the best of buds.

And i love his long sock/short sock :)
  • He is growing so fast I think that if I look closely I may actually see him grow. It's almost creepy :p

And of course this is a spam! So... PICTURES:
    photo P2106311-Kopi_zps7133bc2c.jpg
    photo P2106281_zps3e9829e9.jpg
    photo P2106262_zps596e6d40.jpg
    photo P2106312_zpscd26a11e.jpg
  • Haha, he's so cute with his little "pack" of dogs. :)

P.S. - love his name!
  • Oh, Kuma and Tanuki are so adorable!!! How does Tanuki get along with the pint sized pooches? They look like dacshund x tibetan spaniel.
  • Thanks, @Esperchan :D
    They get along very nice. The dachshund mix is the oldest one and doesn't really like to play, so usually he just sais "hi" to her, then leave her alone. He loves to play with the tibetan spaniel mix though(which I think is much more handsome than any tibetan spaniel could wish to be!), but he doesn't wrestle with him like he does with bigger dogs, they like to chase each other around. When we're out walking and walk past the building where they live, Tanuki will always try to pull me in there and will make very very sad noises when I just keep walking :)

photo P2166657_zps0536422a.jpg
    photo P2166606_zpsb8044302.jpg
    photo P2166573_zps1679eaca.jpg

Now he has lost nearly half of his incisor teeth. Can't wait till the rest of these little piranha teeth are gone!
  • He's so cute and fluffy! Yeah... puppy shark teeth are horrible! He's almost there!
  • March 1st, in a couple of weeks he'll be 5 months old!
    The main thing I've learned is that brindle is a difficult colour to get good pictures of :p
    His face is just so dark.

photo P2236698_zps4c541c3e.jpg
    photo IMAG2578_zpsab02321c.jpg
    photo P2276702_zps4a089165.jpg
  • Good looking pups.
  • @paranoidparrot
    So cute!! Can you estimate how many # are Kuma & Tanuki now?
  • So cute! They make a great pair. It must be neat to watch Kanuki outgrow Kuma!
  • @paranoidparrot
    So cute!! Can you estimate how many # are Kuma & Tanuki now?
    Maybe :p I'm taking a guess and say that # means kg? Kuma is bw 11 and 12 and Tanuki is 17-18. Let me know if it means something else, never seen the # used in this context before.
    So cute! They make a great pair. It must be neat to watch Kanuki outgrow Kuma!
    It is :D I think that's the only ting that makes me realise he is growing, having someone to compare to.

photo P3026748_zps9132709b.jpg
    photo P3026752_zps32a50268.jpg

• Ah, sorry for the confusion, the hash key I commonly referred to as the pound sign in the States, I was curious how much your kids weigh in pounds ;-)

My shiba is about 10 kg/22# and looking very dinky next to my midget long coat JA. She's a few months older than Tanuki but weighs about the same. I'm convinced she's a midget long coat JA.
  • Great pictures! He's such a handsome pup, started off round and cute and he's growing quickly into his more angular young adult looks :) That last picture of the duo running is awesome! Love the contrast of the tight, lean Shiba run with the boxy, strong Akita run.
  • Great pictures! They are looking good! :D
  • Today there was blood on Kuma's tail so I had a little peak into Tanuki's mouth and realised his premolars/molars have started coming up.. kinda explains why Kuma have been so interested in Nuki's mouth the last couple of days.

photo P3126828_zps7cf8982c.jpg
    photo P3126815_zps85649069.jpg
  • He's gettin do big!
  • edited May 2013
    Tanuki is breaking off into smaller parts, wonder if they'll grow into new akitas if I put them in the sun and water them regularly.. or does that only work with plants? Kuma seems to think so and is obsessively licking Tanuki's teeth (the few that are still inside his mouth):
    photo IMAG2621_zpse1731e6c.jpg

Took these pictures sat and sunday last week in the park.. had one extreme snowfall which the dogs enjoyed to the full, then the day after it was all gone :(
    photo P3156903_zps085fe986.jpg
    photo P3166944_zps8e4341d3.jpg
    photo P3166921_zpsf5a06236.jpg

• Teeth!!!! Keep them as souvenirs, and hopefully those will be the only teeth that ever fall out of his mouth :)

He is cute!!
  • Your pup is GORGEOUS. I absolutely adore brindle JAs I'm quite jealous :)
  • cute. ear will set as they get aged. pretty face and I like his dark eye.
  • He looks really happy. We like his bridles!
  • He's cute! And those teeth are cool; if the next dog I get is a pup when I get him/her, I should totally try to remember to keep some of the teeth!
  • It is still very funny to jump up to bite mom in the butt while we're out walking.. Don't need squeaky toys when I have one that's always with me :D She always say she can see it in my face when I'm up to no good... how does she do that?
    photo P4077351_zps0ad48128.jpg

Second most fun thing I know is stealing toys from Kuma. He always let me do it because I'm a puppy! But yesterday he actually didn't let go of the toy so we had a little game of tug-of-war.. I would have won, but then I saw another toy just lying there on the ground, so I let Kuma keep his stupid kong.

photo P4077366_zpsb628f9ee.jpg
    photo P4077413_zps311b0522.jpg

Sometimes humom pulls out a treat, but instead of giving it to us she starts taking pictures! That is so MEAN and I have to make lots of akita-noises to make her know just what I think about that behaviour.. phew, humans are really hard to train!
    photo P4077400_zps64d01ec3.jpg

• Great pictures I loves the last one.
  • I love his expression in the last pic!
  • he looks like such a happy puppy!! I love it :D
  • They are adorable together!
  • They are both so cute. Your puppy is growing fast!
  • Such a happy face! They make me wish I lived closer to the snow. They look so happy in it !
  • edited May 2013
    Guess what?! This weekend was pretty special because my humom say it's 6 months since I was born. How cool is that?

We went to a new place (at least for me, Kuma knew his way around..) yesterday, but there were so many people having picnics and little kids running around playing football that my mom had to keep me on a leash while big-brother could run free! I was so jealous! Today she made up for it by taking us to our normal park where I could get out some built up energy.

I also thought it was a little bit too hot outside, but my mom brought lots and lots of water, so I was ok.

Here is a pic of me and humom, can you see how proud she looks? I would look proud too if I was so lucky to own me.. but hey, I AM ME!
    photo P4147793_zpsd0127c50.jpg

There were some of the kids in the park that called me "farkas-kutya", which is "wolf-dog" in english. I don't look like a wolf, I'm a bear! A big, scary bear!
    photo P4147809_zpsa467ab03.jpg

Oh, oh! I'm saving the coolest part for last. We were walking and suddenly I heard lots of strange noises, imagine my joy when I realised they came from my favorite prey - birds. Lots and lots of birds! I could stare at them all day. Today I even found a dead pigeon and proudly went to show it to my mom, but she only screamed (well, not really screamed, but it felt that way :( ) for me to "drop it".. humans got their priorities all wrong, it was a dead bird! *sigh*
    photo P4147872_zps43ade6ae.jpg