Yamabushi no Orry (Sept 2015)

Comments

• @MontanaKai West as in the west coast of Florida or West as in "The West"? We lived in Utah for the first few months of Goro's puppyhood... but we never got to take him out to hike the mountains! I totally regret it!
  • Hi tail is looking GREAT! :)
  • edited February 2013
    @Hinata23 "The West," and Utah definitely qualifies. My wife is from Park City, so I know how pretty that area is as well...I"m sure that Goro loved it!

Been a little bored at work today...here's a few more.

Orry1

Orry2
    I posted this one to show how his back leg is super light when compared to the rest of his kurotora coat. He's part chu-tora lol.

Orry3
    This is definitely his goofy side. Overall, Orry (and probably Kai in general) has a serious, somewhat intimidating look to him but sometimes he just looks like a total dork! The angle doesn't help either which makes his front legs look much shorter than they actually are.

• edited February 2013
    He seems more of a chutora than kuro to my inexperienced eye.

Sachi is def a black base with blonde stripes where he seems a red/black mix
  • @montanakai Park City is gorgeous!! I seriously love that place. My in-laws have a time share condo there and we use to stays there often. Such a cool place :)
  • @cdenney You may be right, especially as he gets older. My eye is inexperienced as well, and differentiating between a heavily brindled kuro and a chutora is difficult for me. Either way, I love his coloring.

@Hinata23 Definitely a cool and beautiful place...can't wait to go back to visit! Bozeman has a similar feel, just a little less "resorty."
  • @montanakai he is gorgeous and i love his little mask
  • He's registered (or will be when we get the pedigrees) as a chutora.
  • @brada1878 Thanks for the clarification Brad. That makes sense. He keeps getting lighter and lighter so that seems to be most fitting. I'll get the distinction between the two colorings down one of these days. The extreme examples (as in very light chutora vs very dark kurotora) are easy to identify, it's the line between the two that still confuses me. I remember there was a post on this topic...I'll have to go back and read it again.
  • Can you link it? I haven't seen it, it would be interesting. I know the akatora is a red dog with brown stripes, no black, but I have issues with the other two.
  • @cdenney Here's a link that can help: http://nihonken.blogspot.com/p/kai.html

The way I think of it is the Kuro-tora is black with lighter strips (red, gold, or brown) and the Chu-tora is lighter (red, gold, or brown) with black strips. Aka-tora is red with brown strips.
  • Orry is growing up nicely. :)

Saya my shiba loves climbing up hills, rocks or fallen trees fun to watch her go up she makes it look easy. haha
  • @cdenney In Shakko's thread, about midway down the page, there is some more discussion, but it focuses on the differences between akatora and chutora....still pretty interesting.

http://www.nihonken.org/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/157448#Comment_157448
  • Cool, thanks!
  • Orry...love this little guy! Since I don't use facebook, I need a photo outlet, so here is yet another photo (probably over spammed at this point lol).

IMAG0106 3
  • No such thing as over-spam!

He is really handsome. This litter is turning out super nice, I'm very pleased!
  • @brada1878 Me too! The only bad thing about it is getting stopped by every passerby wanting to know more about the breed. LOL maybe I need some socialization work!
  • @MontanaKai I feel you! It got so bad during walks that I made cards with the breeds info as well as the forum's website on it LOL

There's no such things as too many photos! We love to be updated on the pups!

@brad1878 Nio and Ayu were meant to be! :) All the pups look great! Akashi was just that bad boy she couldn't help herself with LOL
  • Just read this entire entry! I feel like I'm going through all the same things, just 2 months behind haha.

Ginko has learned not to puppy bite me, but my roomates on the other hand...I'm trying to teach them to give him a toy and re-direct, but they just say 'stop' repeatedly. So he jumps on them.

The tip on crating him when he gets to flying around the apartment is great @brada1878. It's funny until he flings himself off the top of the couch at a full sprint.

As for off the leash, I'm too nervous to let him off at all. However, when I have the leash in my hand before we go outside he'll walk to the door and sit. And in car rides, he sits and waits for me to grab the leash before jumping out of the car. So maybe it wouldn't be that bad.

By the way @MontanaKai, it is crazy looking at your photos. When you did get Orry's eyes, he looks EXACTLY like Ginko. Cool to be able to follow his family grow as well. Keep up the posts please.
  • @nrmorris Orry's puppy biting has died down a ton, so I'm sure Ginko's will do the same with time. It's pretty rare that there are any issues with it now. Don't get me wrong, he still loves to chew, just not on our hands and fingers. I did the re-direct thing too, and for awhile it didn't seem like it was working, but it eventually does.

He also doesn't really get the puppy freakouts/zummies much anymore...he's actually pretty chill. That couch comment is hilarious. I've seen Orry fly off of many things and even into glass doors when he's in that mode.

From the pics I've seen of Ginko, I think they do look a lot alike. The last one of Orry's face that I posted is probably what he looks most like in person. The few before that that were taken indoors show his coloring well, but he has a wide-eyed expression that he rarely makes. In person, his eyes are pretty small and dark like the last one.

Keep the pics coming on your end as well...Ginko's a little stud!
  • What a beautiful... i mean handsome and manly Kai! I love the snow pictures.
  • Again... super jealous of your stunning neighbourhood! Wish I had mountains and forests to hike with Hana in!! Orry is handsome! :)
  • I don't have a kai, but I love KAI SPAM!!! :) Thanks for sharing!
  • Definitely no such thing as over-spamming pictures! Every picture you put up of hiking outdoors with him is amazing. I'm a few hours south of @hinata23 and have similar landscape, flat lol. The Everglades are nice to hike in for looking at things but the hike itself is rather repetitive, seeing as how it's the same, repetitive terrain. Ren and I were planning on heading out to NW Nevada before a rooming situation fell through. Now it'll be another 2-3 years in FL while finishing college before hopefully moving out to the Pacific NW. Definitely planning some road trips West in a years time to meet up with other NK'ers!
  • @cezieg The Pacific NW is amazing! I'm so bored with Florida...
  • Let me just say Ohio sucks.
  • @sjp051993 Looks nice compared to what I'm used to here in Florida... At least you guys have nice hiking areas. We have swamps and mosquitos! lol
  • I am very happy with Vermont!
  • @WrylyBrindle LOL With a backyard like yours, who wouldn't be?!