KIRIN IS LOST!!! CALIFORNIA PEOPLE!

Comments

• Called about the dog on the post above, it's no Kirin. The size and the location it was brought in by doesn't match Kirin...
  • edited January 2013

If she was found by an asian family I doubt they would think to get her scanned or bother trying to find the owners, especially with a pretty dog like Kirin. :(
    Yah totally, we probably would have eaten her. White dogs are the tastiest. :P
  • Ummm @MapleTwinkie I don't think Julie meant to insinuate that at all. Lets please not go there. I will stick up for my friend.
  • edited January 2013
    @tjbart17 - my response was in jest ;)
    Sorry if it didn't come across that way! ( I added a smilie ) I wasn't suggesting asians eat dogs. Was a little offput that a generalization was made about asians and how they would handle a found dog...but that's okay.

Bad time to make a joke.
    Hope Kirin is found!! :)
  • edited January 2013
    Wow. I didn't even read the Asian comments. I'm somewhat offended. I found two dogs and tried my hardest to find their owners.

Anywho, all the best for kirin !
  • Umm...having met her in person, I can verify that 1) Julie is not the type to intend that sort of negative implication and 2) she's Asian. I don't think her comment implies what some in the thread are thinking.

Anyway I hope that Kirin is found soon (and it's not another family holding onto her).
  • I had a couple of people send me the same link. Sent the info to Gen. It is about 170 miles north of where she was lost, but he is checking it out.
  • Wow, that one looks very promising...Here's to hoping it's her.

Jesse
  • @sangmort- Rosalind would be Rosalind Behenna who runs the Two Dog Farms Jindo Rescue, based out of Minden, NV. Rosalind is a member of the NK Forum and coordinates closely with the Shiba community in CA/NV area
  • @sukoshi_mom - Yep, that's her! :) Very nice lady. ~
  • Julie sent me a pic of Kirin. Her ears are very large. Larger than this pup's.
  • Fingers crossed!!
  • I really hope this is her.
  • edited January 2013
    Hello!
  • Hi - yes, I'm Rosalind (from Two Dog Farms Jindo Rescue) and I sent a link to the little girl in the Delano shelter (north of Bakersfield) as we were notified about her, possibly being a small female Jindo, and so we were planning to rescue her.
    The shelter have named this girl "Snowy" - they say she's less than 30lbs - been at the shelter a couple of weeks.
    We're standing by, and if it isn't Kirin, then we will rescue Snowy and get her to safety.
    Fingers crossed for Kirin's safe return!
  • Well, that sounds like good news for this dog, anyway. Thank you!!!
  • A little thread bump.
  • Any word or sightings?
  • Nothing at all. Everything is just really odd.
  • ? Would it be too much to ask for more detail?
  • edited February 2013
    Isn't corona close to the shootings? Hope everyone is safe!
  • Lol that shooting was crazy (right near me). I knew it, I really do live in the armpit of SoCal!
  • I have no other info apart from what's already at the top. Multiple efforts to contact the owner has gone without a reply or a call back. Not too happy right now...
  • edited February 2013
    I'm sorry this is happening
  • Kirin come home. :(
    I just hope she's safe. @shishiinu Hang in there, Gen!
    I keep looking at craigslist and shelters, hoping to hook something, but no such luck.
  • This is so sad. It breaks my heart.
  • I'm sorry Gen. This sucks. Bad enough she's gone, but to have no communication.....
  • speechless. Gen I am so, so sorry. I have been too angry about this situation to post in here, but I cant shut up any longer about how really disappointed I am in the people you entrusted with Kirin, and how sad I am for her and for you. grr...