KIRIN IS LOST!!! CALIFORNIA PEOPLE!

Comments

• @shishiinu-- corina (@shikokuspirit) checked the norco shelter. She's not there :(
  • Yeah I spoke to her about a hour ago. Sucks.
  • If Kirin were or is to end up in an Animal Shelter or at a Vet...they will scan for a chip. Someone probably has her, most likely.
  • edited January 2013
    I don't mean to intrude (as a newbie,) but a little over 2 years ago I adopted a a beautiful (and what appeared to be purbred) Samoyed out of the shelter. I took her to the vet and was going to have her chipped, and she already had one. We scanned it and found the owners, who had been looking for her for 3 months, and she had been in the shelter the whole time. So, unfortunately, they don't always scan (I gave the dog to the rightful owners - free of charge - and I am dog less to this day). Just thought I'd share that harsh reality. Hopefully your shelters will scan though. Moral of the story - check in person when at all possible, not everyone who works in the pet industry cares. Fingers crossed that you find her.
  • A little thread bump. Nothing yet...
  • Bumpin it up too
  • Still keeping my fingers crossed! ~
  • Checked on craiglist. Nothing. :(
  • Anyone close enough to go check out this girl? http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=MSVJ.A143859

Lucy Rose posted her up, said the pup is in / near Mission Viejo, CA ~
  • I was just coming here to post the same thing.
  • I would really appreciate any help I can get on this. Unfortunately the earliest I can possibly make it up there is next Monday on my day off.
  • can you call and ask if her chip has been scanned?
  • Left a message with the shelter. Gonna try again tomorrow am.
  • :/ good luck. that dog is def not a shiba though
  • edited January 2013
    I contacted Lucy and said I could go but masako, the director of saving shibas.org, sent the shelter an email, so we will wait and see.
  • @ayk-- could it be a jindo?
  • hmmm.... that looks kinda promising. fingers crossed!
  • I hope it's her!!
  • It seems like that dogs nose is pink, while kirin's nose is black. Also the muzzle structure seems more triangular than Kirin.. To me it seems more like a Shiba... I could be wrong, (hopefully) but just wanted to point out my observations.. I hope Kirin is found soon..
  • The photo isn't the most up to date photo and I have no idea how old she is in the flier. Her dad taro's nose was originally black but now is red so I'm really hoping... But the dog looks so much like a kishu.
  • I really hope so too.
  • Since I work in Irvine, I can try to go during my lunch break tomorrow, but regardless I'll follow-up and call and see if they are able to scan the dog for me.

Jesse
  • Thanks Jesse! I left them a message and so I will call them tomorrow if I don't get a call back by noon.
  • @ttddinh - Are you still referring to this one?

http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=MSVJ.A143859

Actually, her picture is Shiba to me.
  • Wow yeah looks more like a Shiba now.
  • Yea, it does look like a Shiba now. poo. :(
  • @ayk, yea, they changed the picture though. This one looks more shiba than th one before. Ugh, pics can be so deceiving!
  • I texted it to Julie. She says Kirin's nose is still black. :-/
  • This might have been done but I remember @zinja saying that they called all vets in the area to see if the puppy found was reported missing. Has anyone called all local vets to see if anyone brought in a "found" dog?