KIRIN IS LOST!!! CALIFORNIA PEOPLE!

If you have a Facebook, please share & repost!!!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151472758816414&set=a.316258166413.184129.581051413&type=1&theater

This is Dragoon & Kishin's sister....Taro & Koyuki's daughter. ~

Comments

• No way... :(
  • edited January 2013
    I'm so far away, but when I saw this earlier, I wanted to help! I found two potential leads when I first learned that I linked to Gen while I was on my phone.

Now that I'm on the computer, the link to the dog I found while looking on OC's animal control site is gone (I hope this means good things!) - it was an all white spitz dog that looked very much like a Kishu from the thumbnail and did not have a posted name - I was on my phone at the time, so I couldn't really figure out how to navigate the site or how to tell any other details, if there were any.

The other was an OC craigslist ad that said someone had found a "medium sized female white dog" at Garden Grove.

Just updating, in case other people were poking around the internet too!
  • Ahhh!!! Hope you she is home safely soon!!!
  • Oh no. :( This isn't good. I hope she is found soon.
  • @Crispy - I know. There's only so much I can do from over here in FL, so I've been scouring the classifieds, petfinder, etc. as well.

Gen said she's been missing since the beginning of December, if that helps broaden / narrow the search. ~
  • Shared on FB.
    Wait, she's been missing since the beginning of December??
  • @Sangmort - yeahhh, that's the hard part - it's been so long! The craigslist post was from mid-late Dec and lord knows how long the animal control dog had been there for. I didn't realize the last place she'd been seen was in Corona, so I was looking closer to Santa Ana. X(
  • @curlytails - Yes, tho Gen just found out about it.
  • @curlytails - Yeah, Gen just found out. ~
  • Must be scary her lost like this. I hope she gets found I shared it on my FB.

• @Crispy - I don't know anything about the area, so I've been looking at every small-medium sized female dog posted in the county! ~
  • Gulp... yes.

Hopefully she was actually found some time ago, but possibly slipped through the cracks because they're not the easiest dogs to describe precisely if you don't know the breed. I think looking through shelter and CL posts is a great idea. Reaching out to rescue contacts too...
  • If she's smaller like her mother, she might have slipped by as a Shiba. I don't recall a Jindo like her.

The OC shelter website had a side profile of a white dog if that's the one you're thinking of. Looked like a sibe with blue eyes.
  • Yes, I only found out when I went back to so cal to visit my family during Christmas.

My sister had posters put up & has been checking local listings & checking the shelters.

This isnt the first time she's gotten out. They tried various ways to try to prevent her from escaping but when Kirin is on a mission it seems nothing can stop her. A lot of feral cats hang out on the walls in their neighborhood so I'm sure they taunted her. When she got out the times before she either came back on her own or someone had her chipped scanned.

I do believe though that she was just picked up by someone cause she is a very friendly and outgoing dog.

If she was found by an asian family I doubt they would think to get her scanned or bother trying to find the owners, especially with a pretty dog like Kirin. :(
  • Kirin is bigger than Yuki I believe. She is close to 40 lbs.
  • edited January 2013
    @ayk - the one I saw was labelled as a shepherd x husky mix and said it was a younger dog, but the dog didn't look like a shep x husky from the thumbnail, it looked much more like a Jindo or a medium sized NK (possibly an unrelated but convincing mix - my phone is super small and I couldn't pull up the bigger picture on it).

No blue eyes - white dog, dark skin & eyes with creamish ears and full body picture. It was up earlier this morning and I think Gen got in touch with the shelter earlier. The only thing that made me think 'not a Kishu' was the eyeset, but I figured I'd throw it his way anyway.

Even if someone else scooped her up, I hope she's being well cared for and not running around somewhere and she's found soon!

@jujee - Do you know if she's spayed or intact? It might only be a small detail, but it could help. I dunno.
  • She's still intact. They wanted to wait til after a year to spay.
  • That stinks... Hope they can find her!
  • edited January 2013
    I just texted someone hopefully it's Kirin. I have been scouring the inland empire Craigslist, corona is considered in the inland empire nothing yet :(
  • @ttddinh - Keep us updated!! ~
  • No answer yet. That was the only post that was hopeful
  • @ttddinh - Fingers crossed! :( ~
  • Thanks everyone for all the help and support. This is what makes this forum community so awesome. The two leads crispy sent me went cold so I hope someone see's her.
  • Sent link to this discussion to Masako, who runs the LA/CO Shiba Meetup and Saving Shibas Rescue
  • edited January 2013
    So I heard a response from the guy, and he said he dropped the dog off at the norco shelter. I proceeded to text him more info about Kirins description because on his CL post he only put white dog, but he didn't respond. I will call NorCo shelter today, which is right by corinas house. My only worry is this is about in mid dec so I don't know if she is already put down or what.
  • Gosh... this sucks. Hope all turns out well!
  • A Passion for Paws akita rescue sometimes visits the Riverside area shelters. They'll pull Jindos and spitzes. Might want to bring them into the loop, too. (I've got to go on the road in a few minutes.)
  • edited January 2013
    @shishiinu--Do u want me to call a passion for paws? I contacted corina. She said she will check out the lead at NorCo shelter since it is right near her.

We haven't heard anything from kirin's owners. Where have they contacted? That would be helpful in narrowing down other places. Please let me know how you want me to proceed.

EDIT at 10:40 AM PT, I looked at passion for paws website, no Kirin. Corina (@shikokuspirit) states that the Norco shelter is closed today and tomorrow. Will not re-open until tues at 9am. :(