Bea's Thyroid Testing Results (Shiba)

So after a mishap with the results, I finally got Bea's results from hemopet. She does not have low thyroid levels.

Test Requested Result Case Specific General Range Units
T4 1.87 1.30 - 3.20 0.80 - 3.80 ug/dL
Free T4 1.10 0.75 - 2.00 0.55 - 2.32 ng/dL
T3 24.3 30 - 70 30.0 - 70.0 ng/dL
Free T3 2.80 1.6 - 3.5 1.60 - 3.50 pg/mL
Thyroglobulin Autoantibody < 1 < 10 %
Heartworm Negative Negative

Dear Theresa,
Thyroid levels look good overall here so there is no evidence that thyroid dysfunction is contributing to
Bea's behavior or weight problems. Low T3 level is most likely due to a non-thyroidal issue. Recommend
annual retesting.
--Andrew Zuckerman DVM

Well, I cannot explain the weight gain and aggression. She has Been more short tempered lately. maybe theres something else wrong?

Comments

• If its not physical then when did she start gaining weight and becoming more reactive? Sounds environmental.

This is good news.
  • I think since late June/early July. It got worse after Kilbe gave birth. The thing is, Bea doesn't eat that much. She barely finishes a cup of food a day. Plus, even with Kilbe gone, Bea is kind of crazy sometimes. Oddly, she will be playing with Kilbun (puppy) one minute then kind of be overly rough with him. This happened several times, I feel like she doesn't recognize me. Like she would look at me and not realize it's me.
  • edited December 2012
    And her eyes are fine? Sounds like a dumb question but have to ask.
  • edited December 2012
    @tjbart17--her eyes are perfectly fine. So fine, she spotted the black cat across the street from inside the house and bolted out to chase it. There's no such thing as a dumb/stupid question. Now, I am trying to figure out what is wrong with her so any suggestion would be great. I hope she does not have a brain tumor or something.
  • She sounds like an aging, mature lady Shiba who wants to be the only woman to me, lol. Maybe she has Cushings?