ChoCho's nemeses are visiting today! Think happy thoughts for us!

So Jeff's parents are visiting for the Holiday season and are coming over today! I'm really nervous about how ChoCho is going to respond to them... I know I give a lot of advice on how to help rehomed NKs, but helping her not fear the in-law (who we lived with for 3 months) to death was something we could never figure out... She's terrified of them and we never knew how to over come it. She pees herself and goes a little nuts.

We're having them meet us outside and bring chicken jerky. Usually when she sees them down the street (while in Utah) she'd freeze and start to freak out. Not sure how things will go today! I just hope we can keep our wits about us...

Wish us luck, cross your fingers and toes, or whatever you think will bring us luck!!!!! ... Because we're going to need it!

Comments

• Wow good luck, hope everything works out. Although she's not alone when it comes to being afraid of in-laws, I act the same way around mine.
  • How long are they there for? Can she just be confined for awhile in another room? What about meeting in an area where yall can sit and ignore her and she can be off leash and approach at her pleasure? Luck!
  • Good luck ChoCho and @Hinata23! Wishing you a fun family day! Hopefully, she's in a better frame of mind now and will respond better!!!
  • @shishiinu LOL thanks!

@cdenney She hates to be crated when there are people over. She's scared of some people in my family, but not like Jeff's parents. She'd keep her distance, check them out, and lay in a corner where she can keep an eye on them lol. She bark a bit a first and that's about it. Never gets really close to them, unless it's the steal a sniff.

If she does this with Jeff's parents it would be a major WIN! It would be amazing! ...That's how badly she reacts to them...

They're going to be staying until the 28th. They won't be staying with us, but in a hotel. She's on Benadryl because of allergies, so maybe she'll be a bit woozy when they come over... lol

@CarabooA I hope so too! I hope that she has learned to deal with people coming over more since my parents always had people over when we stayed with them and she seemed to do ok. I also hope that since this is HER home, instead of theirs, that she would act differently. We'll see.

• ohhh good luck!! I hope they become friends! :)
  • Good luck!

I hope the visit goes well :)
  • Will be interesting to see how she reacts. Maybe it was the house and not the people in it...
  • Good luck with the in-laws! Crossing my fingers for Lady Cho :)
  • edited December 2012
    @brada1878 I will keep you posted.

@cezieg Thanks!
  • How'd she do? I'm hoping no news is good news.
  • Ditto squared
  • edited December 2012
    They didn't come over yesterday... We ate out with them instead. Sorry I didn't update sooner... Power went out (still out) and we were trying to get light to move around last night. I'll keep you guys posted today. :)
  • Well, then I guess it was good news in a way lol Queen Cho has one more day to prepare ;)
    I'm sorry you were without power.... that sucks!

I hope their visit goes well! Good luck!
  • Yeah power out in Florida extra sucks... lol It's back though!
  • edited December 2012
    In-laws came over for 15 mins (they were picking us up for dinner) and ChoCho did... GREAT!!!! As great as she usually does with strangers! She stayed close to me and I was close to them! She did a bunch of tricks to show off ;) So happy with my Chocho girl!!

@brada1878
  • Way to go ChoCho!!!!
  • Right on ChoCho! :D
  • That is good.
  • That's shmazing!
  • Sweet!! That's great news.
  • That's awesome! Way to go, ChoCho!!
  • Awesome to hear! :)
  • Goooooo ChoCho! That's great that she did well!