Adult Shikoku male available

2»

Comments

• I hope it works out for you Crispy! I'd love to see you get him! And it really says something important about who you are that you say how important it is to get the right place for him.!
  • @brada1878 - I'm not sure how urgently he needs a home, but his mom wanted as much time as possible with him so I don't think he's in an urgent situation yet. I can let her know to contact you if need be, though. :o

@shibamistress - I never really thought about it like that, but thank you so much! :) I do my best to be awesome.

On a somewhat more serious note, while I like to think of myself as the best home every for puppies, I can appreciate reality and know that sometimes, a dog might not be the right fit for me or I might not be the right fit for a dog or there could be a better home out there even if I am a good fit. :)
  • I am super excited to say that Takoda will be coming after the New Year! Monica (his owner) is so amazing to have given me this opportunity. :) It looks like we're aiming for the end of January or beginning of February. How are those cold months for transporting by air? :(
  • Congratulations!!! This is so cool. :-)
  • Congratulations @Crispy!!
  • Congrats!!! Should not be an issue for an adult dog. They usually worry more about the heat than the cold. Also most airlines have improved conditions for animals flying in cargo.
  • Congrats u are now part of the Shikoku no family, what a privilege. Haha j/k. Yea I'm so excited for u!
  • I feel partially responsible for this... I helped with the peer pressure :) Congrats!!!
  • @Crispy - That's just awesome! Congrats!
  • Sounds like a great plan! :) I am super excited for you!
  • Awesome! Congratulations!

Is he coming to you as a foster or permanent resident? =)

YAY! Very happy for you! Way to go!
  • I hope things work out glad he'll get a good home.
  • quoting @hondru SQUUEEEEEEEEEE!
  • Yay!!!!! Now you'll have an NK!
  • speaking of fostering, what will you do with your current foster, Coyote? Has he found a home?
  • edited December 2012
    Thank you, everyone! Takoda sounds like an amazing personality. I'm so excited!

@Zinja my foster will be going to his forever home on Saturday and Takoda will be coming in a couple months so... hopefully, even if this meeting with his potential adopters doesn't go well or they decide he isn't the dog for them, we'll find a different forever home for him. :)

It's crazy - I've gone so long without any NK and I'll (hopefully!) have two by the end of next year!
  • Funny how things work out, eh? I didn't plan on getting two dogs this year but I ended up adopting two! LOL

2013 will be an interesting year.
  • Awesome! Congratulations!
  • @crispy- Congratulations! Hope everything works out.

If for some reason things don't come together as planned, there are two NK related rescues in Northern NV that might be resources.
    Northern NV Shiba Rescue- located in Reno
    Two Dog Farms Jindo Rescue- located in Minden- Rosalind Behenna runs this rescue and is a member of this forum.
  • @Crispy

Any updates?