The HSUS BS

2»

Comments

• "HSUS operates animal sanctuaries in five states. It does not run local shelters or oversee local animal care and control agencies, but promotes best practice and provides assistance to shelters and sheltering programs."

This is why I keep emphasiszing...HSUS is a lobbyist group [ or animal activists ] They are not the Humane Society [ tho ones who do run shelters ] ~
  • oh wtf! yeah your completely right Osy, all this time I thought they were related organziations.
  • edited March 2012
    Done purposefully just to create confusion and conflict. Confound them!
  • Wow thanks for posting that Jessica!
  • Yep. Last year their euthanasia rate was 98%. I hear they euthanize them in the vehicle as soon as they start to drive off, as evidenced by the article.

Worse still is that no one knows, including many of their members who get sucked in- one of which was me. All I did was sign a petition to ban fur and then came HUNDREDS of emails about "victories" and their bs games, and of course, more petitions. One of the games was a game to test one's "endowment" by whether they don't fish, hunt, or drive a sports car. You know, the stuff that saves animals! Not to mention, I'm a female- and I'm pretty sure they knew that. This shows that the "game" was made for some sick reassurance, as they all are.

They also sent me at least 10 emails asking for donations the raise $50,000 (or some other amount) to "save animals" and "find them homes".

Worse STILL, is that these people will be entering the Veterinary field, therefore I fear they'll become highly manipulative of their clients AND only recommend vegan pet food, for our CARNIVORES. Ellen Degeneres is releasing her own line of vegan pet food, which will cause increased availability and I feel it will do EXTENSIVE damage to animals' health. A horrifying thought is that this would eventually be realized and that these vets would probably do it intentionally for the money.
  • Ugh, I hate these organizations. Their ability to make themselves look like they're "doing good" to those who don't look any deeper into the matter is... a bit nefarious. I have a good friend who believes PETA is a good thing--time and again I've tried to explain to her what the organization really is, but she always goes back to reference a pamphlet that was being handed out at our university by the animal rights club or whatever it is. Even my high school had an animal rights club (at least they did at the time I graduated--almost four years ago).

Many of my relatives are hunters, and the fact that I -do- think it would be interesting to try some forms of hunting (especially with dogs) makes me a little concerned on that end, too. I suppose hunting tends to come doubly under attack because of gun laws, but I don't know that.

I believe that one of the former heads of PETA was once quoted as saying she (I think it was a she) looked forward to the day that humans go extinct? That in addition, of course, to their hopes that the ownership of domestic animals will cease.
  • vegan dog food?! Seriously?!