Kaiju--Rebranding part II

We have been VERY fortunate to be able to provide a home for Kaiju (Thanks Brad and Jen :) ) so that he could further the shikoku lines here in So Cal. Kaiju has been such a riot to have around the house! He gets along with Bea wonderfully, though he drives her crazy sometimes with his humping antics. So far, he has been helping Bea with keeping the lizard, groundhog and rat population levels in check, growling at all the teenage kids/smoking adults/hoodlums that loiter near the empty lots surrounding our house, ripping tennis balls and toys apart in like, 5 min (I have to invest in more hard core toys) and oh yea! have stare down contests with the neighbor's dog. Below are just some pics and videos of Kaiju at our home. Oh yea! Please let me know if this is normal behavior between Kaiju and Bea...please note, they were playing for several minutes before I took the video and during that time, Bea was play bowing with him.

Comments

• I can't see any photos or video.
  • Ugh, I am having trouble adding the photos and videos. Will try to get them up soon...sorry!
  • That's neat! Looking forwards to those pictures. Kaiju is a handsome dog.
  • Congratulations! I was wondering how it was going and am very glad that he gets along well with Bea! He is such a pretty boy!
  • Oh Kaiju, we miss you buddy!

"he drives her crazy sometimes with his humping antics" *rolls eyes*

----
  • @brada1878--Did you get your package yet?
  • Awesome! Wait did you say groundhogs?! I didn't know we had any in SoCal.
  • @ttddinh - Nope, that requires leaving the house, which I have not wanted to do for a few days. I'll probably check the mail tomorrow. ;o)
  • Glad to hear that he is getting along well with Bea! :)
  • @brada1878 - yes check your email! You should have gotten something from me too!

@ttddinh - we need to set something up so I can see Kaiju! :)
  • Aww can't wait for pictures

@shishiinu My mother's backyard is infested in them. Our dog used to keep them in check but when he passed they totally took over.
  • You mean ground squirrels cause I don't think groundhogs have made it this far. The groundhog is much bigger and they like softer soil then what we have here.
  • FINALLY!! All the pictures and videos uploaded on my slow-@## connection!!! Here is the link-- http://s1071.photobucket.com/albums/u516/ttddinh/

You could also see Heidi's paracord collar she made for bea--btw, we love it!!! It's amazing!

@shishiinu--I have no idea if its a ground squirrel or groundhog. It makes these holes in the ground and Bea and Kaiju furiously try to dig it out, lol. I just hope they are not mice or rats (which Bea and Kaiju? (not sure which dog made the kill for the latest one)) which I HATE.
  • I would guess gophers. :-)
  • edited February 2012
    @shishiinu @ayk Haha ayk is right, I was thinking gophers. They're all the same to me :P
  • I wish we had groundhogs here though. Sorry to thread jack. I got all happy when I heard about groundhogs in Cali.
  • @shishiinu - Come to NY, LoL, last year I had 3-5 of them romping around my backyard. We also have deer, turkey, fox, fresh and salt water fish, & various birds :P
  • @Calia--we don't have any of those. Just crows (really large ones sometimes), stray cats and various rodents. Oh and when we first got the house, there was absolutely no fencing so we had a lot of tumbleweeds as well. It was a nightmare.
  • @ttddinh - LoL, we have crows and stray cats as well, though we lost a lot of crows due to development and west nile. The cats and raccoons (aside for cars) are actually the biggest predators here since wolves, coyotes, cougars, etc were all killed off a long time ago.
  • Kaiju looks very happy in his new home. I am glad he is adapting!

And that rodent you had in the photo is definitely not a groundhog. Groundhogs around here weight ~12-15 lbs! And some people suggest you should eat them!

http://www.suburbanwino.com/2012/02/groundhog-supper.html
  • @calia: you had me at deer and turkey.
  • @edgewood--oh wow, you are right, that groundhog is huge!!!
  • edited February 2012
    Dear Everyone,
    I would be happy to send Mei to your homes. She will get rid of all your critters, deer, cats, raccoons, etc. The only thing she is too scared to hunt are bears. And she won't just dig for them. She will get them quickly and kill them with a bite and shake. If you have a pool, she will then dispose of the bodies in it.

Kaiju looks great! I'm glad he's doing so well.
  • Kaiju looks great in his new home. (And handsome as always)

@tjbart17 "If you have a pool, she will then dispose of the bodies in it." I died laughing for some reason lol
  • @tjbart17 haha about the pool - I love it.
  • @araks @poeticdragon You wouldn't laugh if you were my parents who have a big pool! :-)
  • @tjbart17 I bet my boy would do the same thing. We have found his plushies in our koi pond a few times! Its because he carries them over to the pond to get a drink out of the fountain, and drops them while drinking. Poor, soggy Squidbear...
  • @ttddinh & @jujee - I got your mails, thanks!
  • He looks good :) Lovely pictures...
  • @ttddinh - I need to bring Sakura over and see what she does with Kaiju, lol.