Big hog down! Warning graphic photos

Comments

• @jikjak, that is awesome, I love the C63 AMG. That is what my husband keeps saying about the European luxury sports cars, that they are really heavy.....yeah we are over in Spokanistan
  • id be all over the C63 AMG if they gave it the new V8 TT engine, unfortunately they didnt, not even in the black series version :(
  • Ya'all got nothin on my beast:
  • Awesome ride Dave! Dirt and mud shows character. :D
  • yep! its gotta be covered in mud in order to be a true 4x4
  • lol... You guys are making me want to post pictures of my Subaru... :-P
  • Here's my old STi showing some "character"...

----
  • nice! 'rally' driven!
  • Here's a little better video of Taro and the hog.

• Crap forgot to post my cars up. Standby

@jikjak I actually have a 02 bugeye with a full Japanese S202 swap. The motor is now a 2.2liter with a Tomei turbo but looks like I'm going to do a twin scroll up grade. I'm finishing the suspension now with changing all my bushings to full pillowball joints and doing some spring rate changes on my one off Bilstein race suspension.
  • ooh nice! what size twin scroll? have you considered going bigger with an FMIC? i has some aps stuff before and i really liked the performance increase.
    are you making the suspension stiffer? i went through a couple of sets and settled on the cusco zero2r and found them to be good on the track.
  • I'm probably going to end up using a PE twinscroll with a GRB topmount since my goal is to keep it the factory appearance. I'm more of a responsive engine type of person instead of making gobs of ponies and its also my daily beater so I have to keep it passing our strickt smog inspection. I have a OCD issue when it comes to building subaru engines and rotary engines. I HAVE to treat all engine pieces with WPC treatment before it goes into a car. Its a night and day difference when you run a car that has a engine treated with WPC. I'm putting to gether a new short block for my WRX running a full Tomei 2.2 liter competition set and even all those expensive forged stuff goes through a full WPC treatment.

I have the bilstein dampers for street and I also have a revalved zero 2r for running at the track. I do all my own revalving and rebuilding of shocks (worked for JIC suspension and Bilstein in Japan) and I really like the dampers that Cusco makes (showa dampers). I run 14kg fronts and 12kg with .4kg helpers in the rear using swift springs. I revalved my Bilstein coilovers (El Sport) for street and twisties on the weekends running 10kg fronts and 7kg rear with .5kg helpers using hyperco springs (awesome springs by the way).

The next set of coilovers I'm eyeing is the HKS, I test drove a car with those and I really like them.
  • woah thats awesome. youre lucky to have the ability to repair and modify the suspension. never heard of wpc, im going to have to check it out!

i hear you about the turbos, too much turbo lag sucks but theres always that happy medium that you can find.
  • I just wish my car had something more modern than a tape deck.
  • Haha, I didn't even have one until I got a radio with a tape deck in it at Goodwill! I like my tape deck, I can play awesome music with it and I've got one of those tapes with a cord so I can play stuff off my mp3 player too.
  • Our tape deck doesn't work. Makes me sad.
  • Well, actually, I'm in the same boat as Rina because Isaac shoved a bunch of quarters into my tape deck. Otherwise, I'd hook it up with one of those dealies to my smart phone. Which is just so college.
  • Lol! You guys are kill'n me!
  • well, hey we can't all be car enthusiasts like youuuu!!!
  • Psh I'm enthusiastic whenever the car starts :P I was jumping up screaming with joy when we passed smog lmao.
  • LOL

My check engine light went off all on it's own. Best day of my life.
  • Hahaha!

Thankfully the only warning light my Jeep consistently displays is the washer fluid one. And every now and then, the tube for the rear wiper will come loose so if I turn on the rear wash it'll shoot water and soap at the car behind me!
  • "My check engine light went off all on it's own. Best day of my life."

If only we were all that lucky! XD My damn check engine light has been on for years and no auto shop can figure out the problem...and now the brake lights have turned on... :P
  • "If only we were all that lucky! XD My damn check engine light has been on for years and no auto shop can figure out the problem...and now the brake lights have turned on... :P"

LOL!

I haven't exactly been lucky on the car area either. My first car refused to start as soon as there was frost in the air. But then it was stolen and totalled, so problem solved! Then I inherited my mother's old car - a trusty old toyota corolla - when she got a new one, and I had that until summer of 2009 when I drove it into the back of a tractor in a inattentive moment. No one got hurt, except the car which was totalled *blush* To add to the irony the one driving the tractor was the man who had recently purchased my father's dairy farm, so I knew him and just started babbling. He had no idea who I was tho! XD Woops...

Now I have my third car, and I've had my license only for 7 years (in january)! Once again a toyota corolla. Not impressive but she always starts ;)
  • HA!

My sister's got this Honda that was stolen and found in New Mexico (we lived in AZ at the time, she still does) so when we got it back we had a kill switch put in. Well, I borrowed it once and was driving down some twisty mountains at night and hit the light switch on accident... engine dies, I flip out for a good 10 seconds and I attempted to find out WHY the dang engine just died on me as I'm careening down a pitch black mountain, realized the lights were out, turned them on then tried to start the Honda...

Yeah, I felt stupid, especially since my sister had told me not to touch the lights when the car is running or it'll kill the engine.
  • omg, that sounds scary.
  • LOOOL @Losech
    That totally sounds like something I'd do! XD

Not really in the "car-dying" kind of topic, but I once drove home from work and decided to shop in our local convenience store. I parked the car, did my shopping and walked home, forgetting that I had my car with me. Next morning when it was time to go to work my car was mysteriously not in it's parking spot and I totally freaked. Phoned my work, phoned my father and screeched all over. I called the police and reported it stolen. A little later I had to go get something from the store, and THERE'S the car! *dying of embarrassment!* So I called the police, gave them a lame excuse, but the cop was not fooled thought and he scolded me until I was bawling like a baby and well, I haven't forgotten where I placed my car ever since! XD
  • Toyota is the best for winter weather! It never let you down.
  • Wow...from hogs to cars, eh? Total Mod failure. =p

Someone needs to create a that Off-Topic Car thread, lol. I don't have anything that I can race or drift in (that's safe) but I do love my Toyota Tacoma!

So...someone brave and creative...create a snazy "car" thread to show off those bad ash autos!