What did your shikoku weigh at 3 months?

Hey Guys!

I was wondering what your shikoku pups weighed at 3 months...

I found this old thread, but the the info was for older pups,

http://www.nihonken.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=57

Comments

• edited November -1
    InuYasha is 16.4 lbs and 16.5 inches at the withers at 3 months and a few days.
  • edited November -1
    Sachi weighs 14 lbs. Didn't do her height.
  • edited November -1
    Shoushuu at 2 months and 26 days: 13 lbs

Kotomi at 3 months and 2 days: 17 lbs

I have no record on heights =/.
  • edited November -1
    Thanks guys! I was wondering how he was doing verse the norm.
  • edited November -1
    Mine in 5 months weighs 11 kg (saddened in France we speak in kilogram).
  • edited November -1
    At 3 months Ahi was 15lb.

We don't know for Loa, she was between 10lb - 20lb. LOL

----
  • Thought we would bump this thread as there are more Shikoku pups growing up with forum members.
    Argos @ 3 months is 16 inches at the withers and about 21 pounds.
  • edited October 2011
    at 3 months, ghost was 22.2 lbs, i never thought to measure his height.
    today he is 22.8lbs.

Ghost and Argos were born on July26, 2011
  • Shuran at 3 months was around 11 lbs.
  • wow there are pretty big differences between all these 3 month weights!

can some people chime in with their full grown shikoku weights?
  • edited November 2011
    Shoushuu is 45 lbs at 4 years of age.

Kotomi is 35.8 lbs at 3 years of age.

Shuran is still growing!
  • is shoushou a male and kotomi a female?
  • Fate [ male ] was born September 14, 2010.
    - On 11.24.10 he weighed 9.4lbs
    - On 12.08.10 he weighed 11lbs
    - On 12.22.10 he weighed 13.4lbs
    - On 01.13.11 he weighed 16.5lbs
    - On 04.26.11 he weighed 30lbs
    - On 10.13.11 he weighed 31.2lbs [ 1 year & 1 month old, 18.5" (give or take .5") at the withers ]

My vet recently gave me a chart of all these recorded weights, pretty cool to see. Fate was one of the smaller pups in the litter tho, & had whipworms for the first few months of his life, so not sure if that effects anything. He's also on raw & a super picky eater, loves to skip meals. I think he still has a lot of filling out to do.

Hope this was helpful. ~
  • When Miyu was a little under 4 months old, she weighed 19lbs. Now at 13months she weighs 34.4lbs and is about 20". Miyu's brother, who lives with Peggy (the breeder), is currently at 47lbs.
  • edited November 2011
    It is interesting to see all the different sizes. Just for an update, Sachi, who was 14 lbs at 3 months is now 20 months old and weight about 31 lbs and is about 18 3/4 inches high. Kuma, as a 4 year old, weight about 37 lbs.

Seems like most of the shikoku end up weighing in the mid 30s -to just shy of 40 lbs and a smaller minority weigh above 40 lbs as an adult.
  • oops, i thought the males would be 50-55lbs so thats what ive been telling people that ask. ill have to correct that to the 40ish lb range.
  • edited October 2011
    crap...I forgot to contribute here for mine...Here's Kurenai's 3-month mark. She was born 10/6/2010
    1/8/2011 - 16.08 lbs.

Jesse
  • You guys are so good. I have no idea what the weights of our Shikoku were at 3 months. LOL
  • Thanks Brad, I feel better. All I know is that Miko (likely) weighed less than she does now.
  • @brad1878: My vet has a billing system in which her printed receipts come with her weight at that time and all previous visits. I just had to track down a receipt of hers that was after January to find her weight at 3 months:-).

Jesse
  • @jikjak - Yes, Shoushuu is male, Kotomi is female (and Shuran is male).

@CrimsonO2 - Same here, my vet has the weights printed from each visit. Though occasionally, I'll actually weigh my dogs, lol.
  • My vet does the same, however, she also includes a pretty cool chart / graph. Had just taken the boys in so I happened to have it on hand, otherwise, I'd have no idea what any of the pups weighed. ~
  • From all the posts looks like the weight of Shikoku puppies varies when they are 3 months.
  • edited November 2011
    ive just been weighing him every few days and then logging the numbers on my calendar and on the iphone calendar.
    i should have taken other measurements too! hehe

do u guys think that this current yamato litter can hit 50lbs or more?
  • edited November 2011
    It is quite possible (maybe close to 50lbs). It would seem that Yamato is producing some BIG puppies! Anyone know how much Yamato, himself, weighs?
  • I think Yamato is almost 50lbs, he was pushing 45lbs last year and still had some filling out to do.
  • so i guess yamato is considered to be on the larger side for a shikoku male?
  • Indeed, he is considered to be on the large spectrum of Shikoku Ken. I wonder how tall he is?
  • "Indeed, he is considered to be on the large spectrum of Shikoku Ken. I wonder how tall he is?"

...says the woman with a real-life bobble-head Shikoku (And I say this with utmost love for Shoushu, Corina:-) )

Jesse
  • all - Kuma (Kimi x Yamato - same litter as @jikjak Ghost and @BradnJess Argos) was about 16.5 at 3 months BUT he had roundworms for, I expect, a few weeks. He wasn't eating much. He bounced up to 21lbs by this week (He is now 3.5 months old). So he is a bit smaller than Ghost and Argos right now, but hopefully he'll get bigger!!! I'm hoping for that higher end of the scale at 50+ lbs...

@jikjak - by huge coincidence, I ran into two other shikoku in Van - they are in West Van and live 50ft from my friends place. the only other shikoku in Van. Their Kuma (great name..) is from the Fall 2010 litter of Katja's and is the larger of the black and tans from that litter. He is 55lbs. Big. And he looks like he weighs more than that. Gorgeous!!!