Terrible Trio!

124»

Comments

• Nice set of pictures I love the second and group pictures. =)
  • Aww, they are so cute! I really love your Shikoku's coloring, it's very neat. B&T Shikoku aren't too common.
  • I can't believe you can get all three of them to sit so well for pics!! I love the terrible trio!!!
  • Great size comparison photo, and I must agree with Tara, HOW can you get them all to sit so well at one time?? LOL
  • LoL @tjbart17 and @Brego_mellon_nin It's called chicken jerky and a great deal of persistence. The boys are good, they'll stay and keep their focus on me. Miyu on the other hand is having a hard time understanding the meaning of 'stay' and would get up every two seconds.
  • Beth,
    Kurenai sits like Miyu is shown on that picture when she is on slippery surfaces. When I feel like it I will sometimes walk over and stand over here with my feet on either side of her hind legs and gently scoot them in so they are directly beneath her.

Jesse
  • Cute! Miyu looks great. I need to post some pics of Cho too.
  • edited August 2011
    LoL Jesse @Crimson02 Miyu has the worse sitting posture out of all of them (Tetsu being the best). Miyu will often sit right on her butt with her legs stretched forward. Reminds me of a human baby sitting for some reason.

@brada1878 - You definitely should post ChoCho pics, I've been dieing to see how the rest of the litter is turning out:)
  • Beth,
    Kurenai will do that funky sit too! It's very puppy/anime-sh! It's quite comical. I'll have to take pictures of it for you sometime.
  • @calia miyu has grown so much! She's a very pretty girl and the boys are so handsome :)

Kaiya has a "lazy sit" which she learned presumably because of her leg braces. Now she does it just when she's being lazy. She kind of sits on her hip with the legs off to the side...When she's not being lazy, she has a really pretty sit :)
  • Very cute photos Beth!

Love the size comparison -- that is like the one someone took of Tikaani, Kuma, and Jen's (I think) shiba at the gathering at my house. Shikoku's are definitely a lot close in size to shibas than most (larger) Siberians.
  • Some pool fun for Tikaani and Miyu. I threw in two lacrosse balls, a tennis ball and a weird rattle thing for them to play with. Tikaani loved going for the lacrosse balls since they were underwater, while Miyu enjoyed the rattle thing and splashing for the heck of it. Tetsu didn't want to partake so he basked in the sun instead.

A close up of Tetsu for the heck of it
  • Wow, it's been over a year since I last posted here and gave a forum update on the pups. I must be getting lazy. For now, I'm just going to post random pictures taken throughout the year and give a more formal update later.

• Oooh they are so cute! Thanks for posting!
  • Love the beach picture and the first picture. :)
  • @Calia they're all gorgeous dogs! Interesting to see your Shiba and Shikoku side by side in the same pose lol. What magic did you work to make that happen? Great picture of, I'm guessing your son, and Tikaani at the beach. Love the pic of Tetsu looking up at the camera too, such a cute Shiba :)
  • Thanks guys for the compliments

@cezieg - LoL son, am I really that old ;) He's actually one of my cousin's kids, poor thing has been through a lot due to being born with a bad heart. For dogs that haven't had much children exposure, my pups do pretty well around them, especially Tikaani. And that side by side pic of Tetsu and Miyu is a surprisingly common occurrence, especially since they both love to sit on that platform (steps to a deck we took down). They both were looking at the chickens, who love to hang out next to the dog run.

One of my favorite pictures of Tikaani, even though it looks like he's off leash he actually isn't, just was able to position the leash in a way that hides it

Some videos:

• Haha @Calia I probly should have thought of that. He just looks very small next to Tikaani :P So the chickens are the NK version of cats and hamster cages lol. That second video was really cute, was that just a rock? Shiba vocalizations are the best
  • @cezieg - Yeah, that is a rock. Tetsu will go nuts over rocks that we toss, sometimes obsessively, lol