Anyone get the Dog World July issue on Shikoku? (corrected the month issue)

If you got it is it worth subscribing to read the article? The editors came to the Pet Expo and met Corina's pack and Kurenai and they wailed that they had *just* sent the article to the printers.

Jesse

Comments

• I have a PDF copy of the issue, I could email it to you and anyone else interested.
  • I've been dieing to get the issue, been trying for the past few weeks but can't find anyone selling it locally. I really don't want to get a subscription just for this issue, especially since the likelihood is is that the first issue they would send out now is the August one
  • Jessika, I'd love a copy emailed to me. Email address in my profile.
  • Could you send it to me as well? My email is in my profile too.
  • Ditto. Thanks!
  • mine too please.

Jesse
  • Me too! :)
  • I too, would like you to email me that article, please.
  • If possible me too!
  • Thanks Jessika! I got it, but have yet had a moment to read it.
  • Thank you! It's very appreciated. Although, it's the July issue, not the June issue as stated in the topic (in case anyone was having a hard time finding it). Here's a link, just in case anyone's curious.

Couple things I noticed in this article: It says shikoku generally get along well with other dogs. Also that they excel at herding...? Also that they have urijaro instead of urajiro.
  • Thanks Jessika and Dave! :)
  • Mind emailing it to me to email is on profile. Thanks a lot.
  • LoL Heidi, there was quite a few errors in the article, like Kishu being spelled Keshu and what you stated. I was thinking "good with other dogs, that's news to me". They should have specified that they are good with some but not all.

Made me giggle though, seeing the picture of Miyu's dad in there, and I think the other pics is of her grandpa TK. Not sure who the puppy is though, maybe a Katja pup?

• Hi, could you please email me the pdf?? My address is ttddinh@yahoo.com. THANKS!!
  • edited July 2011
    done!
  • edited July 2011
    Can I get in line too? =) =)

THANKS!
  • thanks! :)
  • Ooh, I'd like this if you're still e-mailing it!
    Losech@gmail.com
  • me too?
    jessica@styleweekprovidence.com
  • me too. Pretty please if you are still emailing it??
    taraalfaro@hotmail.com
  • done and done!
  • Jessika - can you email it to me too?

And BTW, actually shikoku can learn to herd - at least cats. :-) My Kuma realized by watching us when we sit on the porch that we didn't want our one house cat to wander away. We would go and pick up the cat and bring him back to the porch when he wandered. So one day, Kuma tested out whether he could try and "herd" him back. We praised him thinking he was trying to herd. The next day, the cat left the porch and Kuma brought him back, we praised again.

Now, if the cat leaves the porch area, we just say "Kuma go get Chester" and Kuma will run up and herd Chester back to the porch (with tiny nips or small nose nudges). Sachi picked it up from watching Kuma and she will do it too. They will also herd the other house cat if we tell them too (they clearly know each of the house cat's names).