Nihon ken in games and movies

edited May 2010 in General
lol while i was searching youtube I found this clip of a shiba in silent hill 2. The doggy song cracked me up :)

Comments

• edited November -1
    LoL, I love that silent hill alternate ending:)
  • edited November -1

A shiba is shown towards the end of the ad.
  • edited November -1
    hahaha, that silent hill ending was my favorite. I started cracking up when I saw it :)
  • edited November -1
    the shiba is so cute :)

• edited November -1
    That last video was super funny! Good finds.
  • edited November -1
    There was a NHK documetary on NK and how they are used today. I'm trying to find it some where but no luck but I do have my family in Japan looking for a copy of the show.
  • edited November -1
    If you're talking about the show that aired on NHK last month, I've got it on DVD. Only problem is it's got that stupid copyguard junk on it since it's recorded off the new digital television. I was able to record a limited amount of copies, and have given out most of those already. It's a shame, wanted to upload it to Youtube or some such.
  • edited November -1
    Dude any way of getting a copy? I have some tech geeks at my work that I might beable to bribe in making me some copies. I have NHK here but they only show limited listings and that show was one that was aired for Japanese broadcating only.
  • edited November -1
  • edited November -1
    I'll send you a copy, Gen. See if your guys can crack it for you. If I put a bit more time into it I may have been able to figure it out, but as it is I got bored after a few hours/failures.
  • edited November -1
    There are two Nihon Ken in the game Taiko Drum Master (Taiko no Tatsujin) named Inu and John.

• edited November -1
    OMG!
    That Silent Hill Ending is just SO ridiculous!!!
    I'm gonna buy that game and go get the ending! :D
  • edited November -1

Besides being a really cool video, it has a Shiba in it (though the coat colour reminds me of a Shikoku). The bulldog made me laugh so hard, Jack totally makes that face when we toss treats to him.
  • edited November -1
    That was funny!
  • edited November -1
    lol I thought this commercial is funny Its a shiba i think

Super patient shiba!!!

LOl same shiba! I love this dog!

lol diet dog :)

• edited November -1
    I'm not sure what this is about but i noticed a akita? in the story. Can someone please translate it?

• edited November -1
    akitarise: The story is called Sadaroku and Shiro. Its a stroy about a Matagi hunt named Sadaroku and his Matagi Akita named shiro. Well Sadaroku has a special hunting permit that allows him to hunt outside of the prefectural boundry. Well the hunter and Shiro goes out hunting one day and Shiro finds a blue phased wild hog. Sadaroku fires a shot on the pig and when he finds the pig, Sadaroku finds that the pig he shot was a sow with piglets.

Sadaroku is on his way out of the hunting area where most people are not allowed to hunt. Sadaroku comes across a couple of Samurai from another area. When the Samurai asks why Sadaroku is in a area where he is not allowed to hunt, Sadaroku tells them that he has permission from the shogun himself. Sadaroku reaches for the hunting permit but is unable to find it. Sadaroku is taken before a Shogun from the area where he is hunting and Sadaroku is condemmed to be executed.

While Sadaroku is in jail, Shiro runs to get the hunting permit but when Shiro returns Sadaroku has already been executed. Shiro drags Sadaroku's body back to the house but Shiro looses his strenghth where they found the sow and gives one long howle before passing away. Its a famous story and my Dad ready me the story when I was like 3 or 4. I still have the same book that I had as a child and now I read it to my son.

Great story.
  • edited June 2010
    Oh by the way I was watching Nagareboshi Gin with my son last night and I noticed that the story line has the Akita (Gin, Riki, Shiro, Fuji), Hokkaido (Hakurou), Kishu (Akame and his fam), Kai (The Kai brothers), Shikoku (Mutsu brothers), and the Tosa (Benisakura). not sure if there is a shiba in the mix but I think there might be. I just thought I would mention it.
  • edited June 2010
    Thank you shishiinu :) The story of the legendary Shiro is so sad. the loyalty of a dog always amazes me..
    Out of curiosity does the original matagi akita still exist?
    PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
  • edited November -1
    @akitarise:
    Yes, the softbank-dog is a Shiba... It is the families father transformed into a Shiba (no one knows why, I think) and there are plenty of those spots... They are sooo funny! :D
  • edited November -1
    haha I remember seeing those softbank commercials on TV in Japan, super funny xD.
  • edited November -1
    I believe the Akita Matagi also called Akita nikei is now extinct. They were popular in the northern honshu areas like iwate and akita prefecture. The Akita nikei like the ones above were popular during pre WWII and thinned out after the war. Sucks that they could not get recognition early on to conserve the breed. They are a medium sized breed and the coloration is similar to the akita we have now but alot slender and smaller.

The dog in the center is a famous bear hunting dog, I could only dream to have a dog like that. Alot of times you will hear the term yamadashi inu (mountain dog). I have read that alot of the hunters would allow their dogs to come and go freely and alot of times the dogs would live in the mountains and hunt and feed them selves. This process made a more huntable dog but the down side was the dogs becoming wild and not easily kept as a pet.
  • edited November -1
    @akitarise and Gen

Last week when over at my friend's place he pulled out an old album with pictures of Matagi dogs he took in Akita a few years ago. While it's anyone's guess whether they're 'real' Akita Matagi, there's a guy up there that still hunts/breeds his dogs. Apparently he's had them for over 40 years. I was wide eyed looking at the pictures. Will be visiting my friend's again to borrow the pictures/books to scan.
  • edited November -1
    Holy crap! yeah post up them photos. Thats super rare if they are really akita nikei dogs. Every book I have read has said they are long gone but like any thing there could be the possibility of them still around hunting or just the very existance of the legendary Matagi ken gets me super excited.
  • edited November 2010
    lol While i was watching the trailer for Marmaduke i noticed that there is a japanese akita that stars in it as well :)

• hmm, I'd never noticed the JA in the trailer. I always got excited over the little min pins, but then again, I'm biased :P haha
  • edited December 2010
    There are about 5 or 6 NK in the game "Suikoden III"

A japanese commercial with one of the dogs:

Game guide on how to get all the dogs. (They are playable characters in the game.) :

• LoL, I love the Suikoden shibas...Got them all in the game and used to use them in the playhouse
  • the ds game Nintendogs has a shiba, in america is on "Labs and friends"

there is also a black and tan one :)
  • Nagareboshi Gin is the reason why so many teenage want a Kai here in Finland. And I just can't stand when they starts their emails telling me how they love Kai brothers in this anime. And they have decided that they want Kai because it's so brave and fearless according this anime.
    This same anime has been my ultimate favorite children's series (I know it quite cruel but it never bothered me). To be honest I only just realized that there was Kai when I already had Ife.