Comments

• edited November -1
    I think the sentiment and ideas in the article are great, but it sure wasn't well written--all the punctuation and grammar problems bothered me. But what bothered me more was some of the subtle but still evident racial stereotyping--dog fighters called "thugs" which is a word primarily used to talk about young black men. Caesar Millan was called an "illegal alien." Now I really despise Millan's training methods, but still I dislike race-baiting and stereotyping too.

Too bad this writer, who as I said had good ideas, couldn't have toned down his rhetoric some. And gotten a proofreader.
  • edited May 2010
    While I agree about the "illegal alien" comment (rubbed me the wrong way too), this is a person who works very closely with a very dear friend of my (the founder of Pin Ups for Pit Bulls) and I feel quite comfortable in saying that there was no racial allusions in the thugs comment. Thug was used in it's true sense of the word, a brutal ruffian. Nothing more.
  • edited November -1
    Although I jumped to Cesar's defense in a previous thread, he was an illegal alien.
  • edited November -1
    Well there ya have it.
    Huh I never knew that.
    Learn something new every day.
  • edited November -1
    Makes sense, Jessica, and I had hoped that was the case, but still, for someone who doesn't know him--like me--and is sensitive to the way certain words are used/coded in this country, "thug" sounds racially charged, esp. coupled with the "illegal alien" comment, which true or not is not necessary to the conversation (and is also racially charged). Probably he didn't mean it this way, So I wish he would consider the way this sounds, esp. since neither is necessary to the overall article, which as I said, was sound.

Pinups for Pitbulls is way cool, btw.
  • edited November -1
    I was miss October '09
  • edited November -1
    Couldn't resist going to look....you have amazing tats! And I was happy to get see a pic of Piglet.... Great pics--I think it is just such a great organization.