Cream Color Caucasian Ovcharka

edited December 2009 in Other Breeds
I saw these the other day and thought they were SUPER CUTE...

I really like the male.

----

Comments

• edited November -1
    They look like polar bears!
  • edited November -1
    perhaps I need to look closer, but how can you tell which one's male?
    What is Luitiy and Masha's color? Sable w/ black mask? Agouti?
    I guess lots of breeds can come out cream.
  • edited November -1
    I was wondering the same thing Chrystal!

They are really cute though. :-)
  • edited November -1
    Well, I knew the male from the site I found the pics: link

The male has a much bigger head than the female. His name is Topaz, this is him:

This is the female:

This cream color is acceptable in the CO. The colors of the breed are really all over the place and, as far as I know, any color is acceptable accept for solid Black or black & tan.

I have no idea what Luytiy's color would be called, Masha, however is red. Masha's coat color is often referred to a "Armenian Red".

----
  • edited November -1
    I once lived in an Armenian neighborhood. Lots of culture there: churches, festivals, a cultural library, lots of olive shops, but it was pretty urban- and thus sadly no Ovcharkas.
  • edited November -1
    Awww! <3<3<3 I am in love. So cute.
  • edited November -1
    i live in an Armenian neighborhood(I'm armenian myself :] ) and i know a lot people here who have Ovcharkas and most are imports from armenia. It's so sad though, there's this one house that keeps them penned up in their backyard all day and i've never seen them exercise them
  • edited November -1
    That is sad. A lot of people feel COs do fine cooped up in the backyard 24/7 - not true, ours LOVE to get out and get some mental and physical exercise, the need (and deserve) it.

I'm currently working on walking Masha and Luytiy while Jen walks Leila... Walking 3 COs is surprisingly easy as long as they don't react to anything (like a Coyote or something). Jen was walking Leila & Masha together while I walked Luytiy, because he is incredibly strong (not that Masha and Leila aren't, Luytiy just tends to use his strength more)... Now that Jen is pregnant I need the practice of handling 2 while walking since she will not be able to help as much in a few months. The practice is important because the trails we walk them on are kinda narrow.

----
  • edited November -1
    i know what you mean. the 2 that my neighbors have are ALWAYS in their backyard, while this other family excercises them everyday because whenever i get out to walk Sevuk we always run into them. They're such good dogs though. The neighbors that always keep them in their backyard think that they are guard dogs but you can just see how much penned up energy those dogs have. Along with that, it also seems to me that they're only confined to a certain part of the backard and honestly, i live in a suburban neighborhood, and the land here isn't that big to be able to keep your dog exercised just by keping them in the backyard without walking them at least for like an hour a day.
  • edited November -1
    maybe try riding them? lol. Or you could build a buggy and they could pull it like horses.
  • edited November -1
    Love them polar bears :)
  • edited November -1
    CO really are good dogs, they are pretty go-with-the flow as far as management goes, so I think people see that and feel it is ok to just keep them in the yard or pinned up since they never complain (like a Shiba or Akita might).
  • edited November -1
    haha, good idea Joe :)
  • edited November -1
    Those are adorable!
  • edited November -1
    I think someone in my neighborhood has a CO, but I haven't had a really good look at the dog to really tell. Everytime they see me, they run home. I think they just take the poor pup across the street to pee and poop. I don't even see the dog in the back yard.