Team Laika is getting a mascot

edited October 2009 in Other Breeds
Hey All

The Laika Trio celebrated their 8th birthday on Oct. 25th. Hard to believe that much time has gone by...I remember vividly when they were little black and white slugs.

They had an above average day, getting an extra long walk on a gorgeous rain-free morning. They got to bark at geese, found a box turtle on a woods path, had a cat sighting, and grumped at a Great Pyrenees. What more could you ask for?

Well, they aren't asking for one, but I decided to get them a mascot. After all, October is American Humane's Adopt-A-Dog month. I was sleuthing around on PetFinder months ago and I noticed this little terrier. I would check on him periodically and he was always STILL THERE. More months went by and I still thought of him. I finally emailed to get some more info on the wee beast. I wouldn't consider him if I thought he would push these guys' buttons. Wouldn't you know it, he was still available and he is reported to be extremely laid back. (Damn) The next challenge was convincing Chappy...He thinks four dogs in a townhome is a bit extreme, but I really see it as 3.25.

Please let me introduce this Patterdale mix. I think we will name him "Tangent". (He should have a name that starts with 'T' like everyone else.) One of these is not like the others, but he does match our color scheme. He is currently in Tennessee and will be transported to Virginia next weekend.

Photobucket

Comments

• edited November -1
    Awwww!! Adorable! [ & lol @ 3.25 I love it! ] Congrats! Hope all introductions go smoothly when you get the little guy :D ~
  • edited November -1
    Congrats, he is such a cutie
  • edited November -1
    Awww. You should name Pi. So he would complete your pack to be the 3.14159764......

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    I hope the trio falls for him the way you have! :-)
  • edited November -1
    Aww...it was meant to be! Congrats on the new addition...hope the Trio will be very welcoming.
  • edited November -1
    Yay! He is super cute. I also hope the Trio will be welcoming and that he will fit in perfectly. :)
  • edited October 2009
    He's a cutie reminds me of a dog my aunt had except he was a little bit more hairy anyways congratulations please share more pictures soon. =)
  • edited November -1
    hes so cute! Hope meeting your pack goes well for him :)
  • edited November -1
    Tangent is really cute! Congrats!

So your Laika are 8 years old now? *cough* breed them *cough* :o)

----
  • edited November -1
    Oh how adorable! Congratulations!
  • edited November -1
    Tangent is a cutie! Enjoy your life with the new "half-pint" addition! Hope all goes well when he arrives...
  • edited November -1
    Well, sadly Tangent's arrival has been postponed. He went in for his exam for travel and health certificate and the vet there heard some crackles in his lungs. They estimated that he is at least 10 years old, if not older. He is scheduled for chest x-rays on Monday. We will see what he has going on and go from there. He is feeling perky and doesn't have a cough. No heart murmur was detected and his heartworm test was negative. Fingers crossed that it is something manageable and he can come live out his days with us. I will be very sad if he has a chest full of cancer or something awful.
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    How did Tangent's chest x-rays go? Sending good vibes his way!
  • edited November -1
    Sorry to hear about the delay, but hopefully all is well!

Let us know how the x-rays went and when/if he is coming home.
  • edited November -1
    Hey everyone...thanks for the well-wishes. Tangent has a case of 'old dog lungs'. Some mild COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) and radiographic changes associated with that. It's nothing contagious, he feels peppy, and was prescribed no medications at this time. He is rescheduled for transport next weekend! Mary Ruth at Russell Rescue says that he's already packed his bags! I can check him out more thoroughly once he arrives.

If he gets to hang around on our couch for a few short years, it will still be fun. I'll get some intro pics.
  • edited November -1
    Glad to hear it's nothing to worry about. I hope the transport goes well!
  • edited November -1
    Hope everything works out ok! Can't wait for some spammage! :) ~