• zandramezandrame
    I suppose it's about time I made a thread and introduced Mayaa to the forum!

A short while ago, with the generous help of @TheWalrus and @kogafriend, we were able to welcome a Kai puppy from Inoue-san into our home. She was born 3/17/2016, and her name comes from the Iriomote mountain cat. "Outgoing and friendly" is what we requested, and she is so much more! She's pretty much fearless, and has so far shown potential for everything we've introduced her to.

I am curious how she'll turn out. So far she's a pretty big girl - last week at the vet (at 14 weeks old) she was 15.2 lbs. She's also developing some white clumps of fur on her shoulders, left ear, foot, and tail.

On to the pictures!

The first set is from day 1, with her sister (Mayaa is the lighter and slightly larger one) and featuring Moro. The girls are about 11 weeks here.

Over the next few weeks

She had a blast playing with Asra ( @ShikokuSpirit) last weekend!

Bonus shots from Kimber's birthday party ( @mdokic). They did play but it was so fast I couldn't capture it!
  • sunyatasunyata
    Gah! She is so freaking adorable. Congrats! :-D
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
  • WrylyBrindleWrylyBrindle
    Wow she looks amazing! and Im excited that she has such an outgoing, no worries temperament. Good! Good Good!
    photo Picture 3_zps4y5sotml.png Kai to the Core!
  • mdokicmdokic
    I will get the video of Kimby and Mayaa up later today! ♥
    Michelle, with Kai girls Kona and Kimber
    DSC_6037_NEW_banner
    Post edited by mdokic at 2016-06-29 11:41:05
  • kogafriendkogafriend
    Thank you for posting those pictures!!! Such cute dogs and great personalities. Mayaa's darker sibling, Azula, has already grown much bigger although we haven't weighed her yet. She will be going to the vet this week though.
  • WhoBitMeWhoBitMe
    She's so cute! I love the crazy eyes she has in the picture with her pink toy.
    1 Human + 1 Hokkaido
    RIP Amy (Border Collie)

“Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket.
    But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.”
    --Patrick Rothfuss, A Wise Man's Fear

"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination."
    --Brandon Sanderson, the First Ideal from The Stormlight Archive.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion