Atlas and Acadia photos, finally.

It's been busy with these two, and they don't show any signs of slowing down anytime soon, so now is a good a time as any to get some photos posted. Acadia is an extreme lover and gives kisses freely and expects neck rubs whenever your hands are free, and even when they aren't. Atlas is a typical sheebs. Don't touch him, don't look at him, don't... Wait? Is that a treat? Don't say the 'T' word. They love each other except at meal time. Then the green monster comes out of them both. But then again, some times Mr. Atlas will let her eat his food, and when she's done he'll go eat hers. They are weird and crazy and I love them. We're still working on constant with Acadia. I hope that she ends up as well trained as Atlas, who we hardly ever have to leash (which we're incredibly grateful for.)

So, for the photos:

Here' is Atlas and Acadia the day after we brought her home. Atlas was very skeptical of her for a while.

Atlas teaching Acadia the basics of a good ground game.

Atlas's first Camping trip, from 2014

Acadia's first trip this past fall

Acadia last week. She is such a sweet girl. She and Atlas get along perfectly. I couldn't ask for better dogs.

I've been remiss with taking photos of the kids. I've made an effort lately to get my camera back out, or just to use my phone and capture them as much as I can. Hope everyone has a wonderful new year!

Comments

• Where was the picture of Atlas standing on the rock by the hiking trail taken? It looks very much like a loop trail at The Peaks of Otter here in Bedford, Va. I envy you and your hiking companions. My big goofy AA can't seem to behave for that long!
  • Beautiful pics :) They look so happy!
  • @Dachiboy, We were outside of Morgantown, WV in Coopers Rock State Forest. I think that whole area of VA and WV is covered in Magnolia trees. Atlas is great when we're on hikes or camping, as long as he doesn't come across deer or rabbit. Then we have to leash him. And Acadia hasn't been on an extended trip yet, just camping and a few short hikes when she was 4.5 m/o. and only day trips since then. Hopefully she'll still be this good at a year! The Peaks of Otter look incredibly beautiful!

@GrayJJ, Thank you! We try to keep them that way!
  • They're so cute!