Nihonken Invite - entry count and award sponsorship.

edited October 2015 in General
Hi everyone,

I want to give everyone a heads up as to our pre-entry count our show. As of right now we have a total of 37 dogs entered in the show. All breeds invited at the show will be represented. The current count is as follows:

Akita: 1
Hokkaido: 1
Japanese Akita: 17
Jindo: 4
Kai: 2
Kishu: 2
Shiba: 6
Shikoku: 4

We will still be accepting day of show entries but I'm happy with the pre-entry count for this show.

JACA is still accepting award sponsoring. I like to use sponsoring as a way to keep the entry fees down for the show. Award sponsoring ranges from $15 to $40 depending on class or reward. We have to provide enough awards for all the classes offered. For 2015, I purchased $375 worth of awards. If you are interested supporting please contact me sean@akita-inu.com I can also provide tax id for you if needed.

Comments

• Exciting! Those are better pre-entry numbers than last year. Looks like we lost American Akitas but gained everything else.
  • @Crispy 2 Kishu = Nami and Fiona showdown? :P

I'm very excited to see everyone's dogs :)
  • Looks like it! I tried to see if other Kishu owners could come around, but it's a long trip for a lot of them, or they're working.

Nami won vs. Fionna last time, so let's see what these judges think. :)

I'm very excited! @Lindsayt and I leave tomorrow evening!
  • My AA is restricted registration but maybe I could enter him in the altered class on next show? He is going to get neutered in a few days.

I am wondering if anyone knows when the next UKC show will be and where? I am to pick my vacation days for next year and I would like to take more time on the next show. We drove straight through in both directions cuz I didn't have enough days off. With stops for gas and food and bathroom breaks It worked out to about 35 hours. I must admit we stopped at about 24 hours and took a short nap. But I don't want to do that again. Next trip out I want to only drive during the day so we can see all the country side. Maybe take three days to get there and 3 days to get back.
  • If you're looking for UKC shows hosted by the Japanese Akita Club of America, you might want to monitor their Events page on their website:

http://www.akita-inu.com/home/events-and-news/

If you're looking for local UKC shows in general (ie. all-breed shows), the UKC lists them here:

http://www.ukcdogs.com/Upcoming.nsf/EventView?Open&Group=DogEvents&Type=M
  • Feb 12th 2016 is another UKC conformation show in the same place as the last one and the next day is an AKIHO conformation show in the same park again. I have this correct right? I want to make sure I am not confused. Before I try to get those days off.
  • 13th Japanese Akita National Speciality. 14th of feb Akiho Los Angeles Branch show. Both Gardena CA.

Sorry for no photos yet. OSX El Capitan is an El Crapitan
  • I am gonna see if I can get vacation days to attend both shows. I can only enter in the UKC show though. It says the 12th for (UKC) Akita specialty in the link and the 13th is the annual Los Angeles branch show (AKIHO) is that a typo?
  • It's a typo. UKC Japanese Akita Speciality is Saturday Feb 13th. Akiho is feb 14th.

We'll correct the website.