Happy 1st birthday Rollo!

edited October 2015 in General
Happy birthday Rollo! He had a fun day with an extra long session at the dog park and a special dinner. This didn't last long!

photo 006CA17A-7802-414E-B6FF-6AA2329CDBFF_zpsh33nmhbk.jpg

We took the wasabi out before he finished the sushi just to be safe. Though he has stolen an entire wasabi blob from our plates before and ate the whole thing. Oddly enough he didn't seem to react to it!
photo 2AE37D1C-A4D5-40CB-8A2E-3AE5BD9F2FD1_zpshbx11z0r.jpg

Comments

• Happy birthday Rollo! Did he like the sushi? What a cute idea. What kind of fish did he get? I'm surprised he put up with the hat, haha.

He's such a handsome boy. I just noticed he has some light toe penciling! Has he always had that?
  • Happy birthday Rollo (and Yuki too)! Nice hat, we will have to try the sushi idea sometime.
  • He didn't like the hat at first. Check the second picture and note the puncture marks haha. Once I took the lid off of the sushi and he realized it was for him, he totally forgot about the hat.

We've given him a piece of sushi a couple of times before and he LOVES it. His dinner last night was an order of tuna maki rolls. The sushi place right beside our house is quite good, we order from there pretty often.

Yeah he's always had the toe penciling ever since we brought him home. It's a neat feature. I like it almost as much as his light eyebrows. It gives him a very expressive looking face. He has grown into an awesome companion. He's very smart, agile, unusually calm and is eager to please. We are so glad that we brought him home with us!
  • Happy Birthday to handsome Rollo! He's a lucky guy to get sushi. :)
  • Happy birthday Rollo and Yuki! :D Did he actually blow out the candle? We've tried sashimi and canned sardines with Katsu before. Our trainer wanted everyone to use smelly fish for recall practice. One of the other ladies used sashimi with her dogs. He wasn't sure if he liked sashimi at first. He did the whole... put it in his mouth, chew a little, spit it out, give it a confused look, repeat. He likes it now, but I think he still prefers peanut butter or raw beef cubes. He does like smelly sardines a lot though.
  • Haha he got a little too close and almost burned his nose. We blew it out for him.

It's funny to watch him eat the rolls. He screws around trying to find the seam in the nori, then he puts the roll in between his paws and pulls until he unrolls the rice and nori from the fish. He gobbles up the fish and then goes for the rest of the roll. Last night he was very efficient with eating them. Apparently the fish is the most important part.
  • Happy Birthday to Rollo and Yuki! Such a cutie.

Jesse
  • Happy belated birthday, Rollo!
    The sushi is a great idea!!! Love it :)
  • =(^-^)= Happy Birthday, Rollo! I cannot believe it has been a year already. That went by quickly! Very cool. Glad he enjoyed his special day. :)