NASC Activity?

Does anyone know, is the North American Shikoku Club still an active and alive thing? I was browsing around on their website and it looks a little outdated. The last blog post is from a couple years ago and the breeder list has a breeder who I believe is no longer breeding.

Just curious if this is something that is still alive and people are involved in. If not, it'd be nice to resurrect it. It seems to me like the Shikoku has a strong community around it and I'd hate to see that fizzle out.

Comments

• NASC is still alive and functioning, just haven't had the opportunity to update the website being that the members have been pretty busy lately.
  • What does the club do? I'm not sure if you mean they've been busy with NASC stuff, or just the craziness of every day life. Who are the members, and how does one become involved?
  • @LiaMarie,
    For much of the last 1.5 years up till a few months ago, the site wasn't updatable due to a WordPress upgrade preventing us from updating the blog. Last year, the big push by the Directors and Board was to get the AKC-FSS recognition for the breed. We were able to get that started in October and wrapped up December 2014. This year, the NASC import Saki just finished whelping her 2nd litter of which some of the members here were recipients of her offspring.

A lot of us are actually actively showing the breed now in both UKC and AKC events to try and get word of the breed out there.

Thanks,
    Jesse
  • Very cool! Thanks for the update. What does it take to become involved? Is there someone in particular I should contact?
  • edited August 2015
    =(^-<)= You are already active and involved - you have Shoko and are apart of the community! We just don't have any official membership forms or fees. If you can think of any fun ideas then please let us know. Beth has done T-Shirts and Jesse with the yearly breed calendars. We also do the Pet Expo every April at the OC Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa, California.

At some point the club will host a UKC/NIPPO Specialty Show & Performance type event but I think we're still a couple of years until we can get to that point.