Meitou is now a Novice Trick Dog!

So back in May I took a tricks class with Meitou after the trick trainer/that facilities reactivity trainer reached out to our current reactivity trainers to make sure Meitou could handle it. He did fine in the class as long as he had space (he did think the trick trainer was suspicious if he got too close). Meitou apparently does not enjoy class room settings and he kind spaced out often during classes. This is what he was like in the beginning reactivity classes which is why he skipped the second level and got to go straight to the 3rd level that is outdoors. For the class if they were seeing doing enough tricks (around 15 I think) we could apply for a title from Kyra Sundance's Do More With Your Dog organization/thing. For novice that requires were pretty lenient, like we could lure and use treats, etc. I think Meitou and I will have to put in more work if we try for any other levels. For now I am content with just novice because I just wanted something fun to try with Meitou.

And he did it! I got an email earlier in the week saying his certificate was coming in the mail and that he would be added to their list of novice titled dogs on their website. Ha. They had to add a Hokkaido breed category when they put him up.

http://domorewithyourdog.com/pages/titleholdersNTD.html

And I got the certificate on Friday (the 26th). I posted it on my new instagram but since my settings are private I can't post the images/links to them. I'll try uploading them to Flickr or something...

Comments

• YAY! Meitou!! I think he is the first Forum Trick Dog!
    Good job you guys!! Let's see some video! :)
  • Wow, awesome! He looks so smug about it, haha. He knows he's great.
  • Wa! Congrats Meitou :) And I agree... he does look pretty smug in that photo hahaha. Do you have an instagram account for Meitou? If so, can I pretty please follow it? +_+
  • Thanks! I guess he looks smug, lol. Really he's making that face because it was hot and we don't have air conditioning and I woke him up from napping next to the refrigerator.

I'll see if I can get a few video. Some of the tricks were just sit, stay, etc so those ones aren't all that exciting. And to be honest some of them are in pretty rough shape still. Bow remains an extraordinarily tough one for Meitou to grasp, lol. But I'll see if I can get video of a couple of the tricks.

@emi802 If by "instagram account for Meitou" you mean do I post a lot of Meitou stuff on my instragram, then yes. He is a vast majority of it, though I do post other things. Like trees and grass and food... ;) But a lot of Meitou. I'll send you my username in a private message; be forewarned: sometimes I post a lot. Also...I think I am already following Katsu. Unless there are other Shikoku named Katsu on instagram, lol.
  • Gosh he is a handsome guy. Congrats on his Tricks title!
  • Well huge congratulations Mr Handsome!