Kai, Shikoku, Kishu- FSS Open Show in Connecticut June 6 & 7

edited April 2015 in General
Here's the premium for an event we could gather around: June 6 & 7th in Connecticut. This is an AKC event with several ways to play-
* an Open Show for showing FSS breeds (Kai, Shikoku, and Kishu) I don't know that anyone has shown these breeds in an AKC event before, so for our NK newly accepted into FSS, this is a good opportunity for these breeds to be introduced in the northeast. there aren't a lot of Open Shows. American Akita and Shiba are recognized and would show in the associated All-Breed Show.
* ambassador opportunity via a FSS Tent for meet and greet (like the pet expo) as well as a 'parade' of FSS and Misc Breeds, in which all can participate (neutered dogs too!) and we submit a paragraph that they will read describing the breed. they encourage participation so all colors and sexes can be introduced.
*AKC Obedience and Rally- if you compete in these games, you can show what our Kens can do!
*Barn Hunt fun test- not a trial, but a chance to intro and try Barn Hunt for everybody!
*mostly, its a thing to gather together around- there is no spring Nippo classic, and we haven't had a meet up in a longtime now. The West Coasters are seriously outdoing the East in get togethers lately :)
Who's in?

premium for the open shows is here http://www.pumiclub.org
premium for rally/obedience and non-fss breeds here http://www.greenwichkc.org

Comments

• awww...West Coast not invited? boo :P j/k...that sounds like a great event that has fun for all types of dogs!

I hope this has a strong turnout!

Jesse
  • Getting Kiyoshi registered so we can go :D He just finished shedding too and his coat is GORGEOUS! Hopefully it stays that way lol

Wonder how many other Shikoku will be there? I'm excited
  • West Coast is TOTALLY invited! just not sure you'd come?
  • edited May 2015
    We've got some turnout happening! I'll be there both days with Kai Matsu and Juno, Beth is coming with Shikoku Miyu, Peggy is bringing still more shikoku, Eileen is bringing Kai Yucca and CO puppy (whose name begins with M, but I can't remember...) plus Kiyoshi (shikoku) and his owner are coming. Then we have Casey with Bella and Nola, Irene with Spuddy, Cindy with Lucy Rose (all shibas!), Alyssa with Kuma (hokkaido). and some more folks on the fence...

Think about coming out- Beth, Raye and I have a lean-to for gathering at aprés show, and everything I have read on all counts says that this is one of the rare AKC Open shows that really allows the rare breeds to showcase well.
  • It's really too bad this is AKC. Good luck, have fun!
  • It's a Dog Thing to Gather Around that's close enough to some of us and includes our breeds. I am not getting my hackles up about this or that registry.

We're camping at a park, and have a stone lean-to and a fire pit. Let the good times roll!
  • I will not be coming. My manager will be out of town that week and on vacation a couple days the next week so there is no way I can get the time off.
  • argh!
    I really wish you were coming, Stacey. I will have to meet up with you again another time, then.
  • Just bumping this back up- in one week there will be a Nihon Ken Convergence in the North East at the Greenwich show! We have all the medium NK coming, so if you can make it to Connecticut Saturday or Sunday, you can meet them. :)
  • Carleen is bringing Kishu?
  • nope, a woman from Rochester NY is bringing her Kishu- the dog is an import from Poland if I read her message right.
  • I think I vaguely remember that. A female.

I remember being bummed for Nami & Fionna that it wouldn't be a potential male for them.
  • Oh yeah! That's Amy! She has a Kishu from Karina. I think that Kishu actually has some kind of mutation - her foot is black in the rear. It was really interesting. I wonder if she outgrew it (if it was some kind of weird "injury"?) or if it stayed...
  • This is going to be so much fun! I can't wait to meet you all!
  • Just thought I would bump this up.

:)
  • Bump it UP! :) I'll be seeing you soon!