Weekend Kennel

I’ve started spending weekends out on the farm where I keep my horse that way I can get more time with him but traveling 45+ minutes three or four times a day to let the dogs out on weekends is a serious hassle. So we decided to just put a weekend kennel out on the property. That way the dogs could be closer and enjoy the great outdoors. This is especially nice for Tin-Tin as he was an outdoor dog before I got him last year and he’s started to express the desire to spend more time outdoors again. Now he can be happy and still be close to me on weekends ^-^!
We bought the kennel from a company that makes sheds and they came and set it up. Although it came with a little fenced off porch it wasn’t enough room for two, or three dogs especially an Akita mix and a Border collie mix so we bought a fenced pen to add on to the front and give the dogs a little extra yard space.
The kennel itself has a little dog house attached and is shaded for the dogs. I’m thinking of building several bed boxes and putting them on either end of the house as sleeping quarters. It’s not insulated now but I’m going to insulate it within the next week before the weather turns cold again. Later this summer we’re expanding the yard by adding a few more panels but its current size will do for the next several weeks.
The biggest issue was Roe’s digging but after a couple random ideas a friend suggested putting wire down in the yard
to keep her from digging. Best idea ever. We bought some garden wire and some heavy duty zip ties and covered the ground to keep the dogs in. I’m going to spread leaves over it to make it more attractive but the fencing is really well made and won’t puncture any paw pads, which was a concern.