Craigslist: One Year Old Kai Ken "Suki" In Portland Available For Adoption

edited February 2015 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
This is Suki. She is a Kai Ken and is almost a year old. She has TONS of energy, is GREAT with kids and other animals.
Unfortunately I'm very busy with a 2 year old and working, so Im afraid I can't give her the time and attention that she needs. She is potty trained for the most part, but all dogs have accidents. She knows a few commands (sit, stay, lay dawn, e.g.), but is mostly a cuddler. Please let me know if she sounds like the dog for you, or if you have any questions I'll be happy to respond to email.
Link: http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pet/4900356646.html

Comments

• Very sad. Wonder where she came from.
  • Passed this to the organizer of the Portland OR Shiba Meetup.
  • So sad... Cute pup. It's too bad they didn't include more recent photos (too bad they're trying to rehome her already, too, of course, and that they apparently aren't getting help from whoever her breeder is).
  • Don't assume too much. The breeder has been trying to contact and the owner hasn't been responding to anybody's emails for the past couple days.
  • Don't assume too much. The breeder has been trying to contact and the owner hasn't been responding to anybody's emails for the past couple days.
    Sorry--more poor word choice than assumption. Just meant that it's unfortunate they (the present owner) turned to Craigslist instead of some actual support network. Glad to hear that the breeder has tried to contact, though!
  • The owner claims she got the pup from a pet store called A to Z in Portland. I really hope that's not true :/
  • edited February 2015
    ruh roh...ive been following this on FB...turning hairy, i hope everything works out...stuff im hearing isn't all adding up :(
  • UPDATE! I have gotten a hold of the owner and offered $350 for her.

She says she is willing to hold onto Suki until I can come visit her this Saturday since I live in Seattle. I gave her a lot of info to let her know I am very serious and asked if I can bring my shiba Taro down as well so they can interact.

Crossed fingers!
  • UPDATE! I have gotten a hold of the owner and offered $350 for her.

She says she is willing to hold onto Suki until I can come visit her this Saturday since I live in Seattle. I gave her a lot of info to let her know I am very serious and asked if I
    can bring my shiba Taro down as well so they can interact.

Crossed fingers!
    I hope it all works out.
  • NEW UPDATE! Since I only posted on the facebook.

WE GOT SUKI!!! It was actually really stress free. Suki is now in her forever home with a great owner who will give her an awesome life. I am excited that Suki is actually living close to me since I own her uncle and Taro (my shiba) and her obviously get along because they were playing a bunch when we went to pick her up.
  • Yay! Glad to hear she found a good home :)
  • I was just thinking about Suki today and wondering how things went. I'm glad to hear she is now in a good forever home. And I'm glad it was a stress-free event. :)
  • Glad it turned out good one reason I love this forum we try to work together for breed we love. :)
  • Good job, Team NK Northwest! :)
  • Exceptional news!