Breed for new dog
  • gab0216gab0216
    Hello
    I am Going to buy a new dog ( first dog that will be really mine ) And fell in love with 4 of the Japanese breeds and would like to know which one i should pick

This will be my First dog although my grand parents, my cousins, and my dad ( I do not live with him ) have allways had dogs so I'm used to them ! I've been reading all bout training dogs using positive and non repetitive methods. I am going to buy books to learn and will have the help of my cousin that is French Bulldog breeder. I also think that i am enough of a natural leader to have a dog that could be a challenge.

I am contacting you to have your opinion on what would be the perfect breed for me. I live in Lisbon, Portugal in a big apartment and would have 1 hour per day for exercise and training plus time for 2 to 3 (15-20 min ) walks. during the week end i would have 1 to 3 full days to spend with the dog. I'm looking for a "friend" for a life time, not a dog to feed and keep locked in my room. The dog would have to spend 4 to 7 hours per day alone maximum and i can find people to check on him everyday when I'm not at home. I like to do long walks on the mountains, like to go travel to places with snow ( would take the dog ) and like to skate board and etc.

SO . . A dog that is smart and somewhat independent but that still loves to play and is kind of a clown some times ( like me ) . A dog that likes to pull if possible ( I skate board ). A dog that likes to learn new tricks.

I have a big apartment in Lisbon ( Portugal ) and i will always have someone to walk and feed him if i go away somewhere for a week or so and the dog cannot come with me ( my aunt or cousin , that are persons my dog will see at least 2 to 3 times a week ! )

grooming / shedding is not really a problem as i have the week end to spend with the dog ( only other thing i have to do is study , and i don't study much ! )

The dog has to be social ( with humans and other dogs ) or at least accept them as i will bring him when I go to a bar or a cafe's terrace to have a drink with friends. And if i go to a club or so , I suppose that any breed after 3 hours walking and training wont really have a problem with staying alone a few hours specially if i bring the dog to my aunt's house.

The breeds i like are .. well basically any medium / large spitz breed but my favorites are Shikoku / Husky / Shiba / Kishu / Hokkaido

Thank you for your time !
    Kind regards
    Gabriel Correia
  • sjp051993sjp051993
    You have already posted this elsewhere in the forum. There is no need to post the same thing in each of the breed sections.
    Stacey living with Tora, Kazue, Ritsu and Kuma the Shiba
    www.suteishiikennels.com

DSCF0686IMG_0940 - Version 2DSCF0714IMG_1151

10443860_10202258803333634_2133731540_n
  • gab0216gab0216
    Oh sorry tough people would only reed it in the section of the breed they know about