Where Can I Meet a Kai Ken in Virginia?

edited December 2014 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
I am new to the Kai breed and several Forum members have advised me to get out and meet a Kai before I move on with my search to add a Kai to my life. I am currently in the Petersburg/Colonial Heights area in VA and was wondering if there was anyone who had a Kai that would be willing to let me meet him/her in the area. I am willing to drive a little ways. Let me know if you can help! Thanks everyone!!

Comments

• My little guy Ginko and I live in Newport News, VA. He's 2 years old.
  • I posted in your other thread. Ee have a fairy active NK group in the state. If you don't mind driving a few hours we can pull together a big group after new years hopefully
  • I'm interrupting this thread to tell Neil @nrmorris that I want to hear all about brother Ginko and see some pictures of him! :)
  • If you don't mind driving a few hours we can pull together a big group after new years hopefully
    Yes please!!!! :-D Maybe the last weekend in January, weather permitting?
  • I'm happy to meet you somewhere in Richmond, I live between Richmond and Charlottesville. I have 1+ year old male from Yamabushi, Hanzo.
  • @sunyata and @cdenney I would love to do that! After January 11th I will only be available on weekends, but I will be in the state until the end of February, so whatever weekend works best for everyone is great for me! I would love a chance to meet as many Nihon Ken as I can!
  • If you are ever in Ohio, you are welcome to stop and meet my crew
  • Just messaged you. We live in Va Beach with our 1.5 year old Kai. If you would be able to drive down here that'd be great but if not, we occasionally go hiking with some friends and their shiba in Richmond. We could make an excuse to head that way
  • I just saw this! I am the friend of @NavyDog that lives in Richmond with my 1.5 year old Shiba Inu. Please let me know if you all ever want to plan a get-together, we would love to meet with everyone!
  • @Kira_inu we did a quick get together on Sunday. Samantha brought over Kiyoshi so he got to meet a Shikoku as well.
  • Darn! Maybe next time... Kira misses Yucca
  • Yea we gotta do a meetup sometime up around Richmond area. There's tons of good dog friendly places there
  • We can plan a trip to Stony Point Fashion Mall, it's a dog friendly mall and that's where Three Dog Bakery is. :)
  • That would be great!
  • When and where?
  • edited December 2014
    Sundays work best for me right now, unfortunately I work 6 days a week. Saturday would work after 2pm for me as well.

We could also do a hike at North Bank Trail if we have time. We could meet somewhere in Richmond or even at that dog park in Ashland again.

I was thinking maybe January or February?
  • Maybe the dog park in Ashland? That way he can see more of the dogs being "natural" versus a....structured walk? I can do late January or February