Kiba's first meetup!

edited November 2014 in General
I decided to take Kiba to the shiba meetup in Seattle since he seemed to do OK with some group dog walks and being around new dogs. The shiba meetups usually have well behaved shibes who are pretty good at being polite and not bumping personal boundaries too much and with the winter, thinking the numbers would be pretty low.

So took him and Taro. He did better than expected! I first had him on the short 6ft lead, but after a bit of feeling out the energy, I switched him to the 20ft lead. He romped, his tail would go up (then down), he was sniffing everyone and fine with them sniffing him. Him and Taro even sniff interacted. He followed my lead pretty well, and a couple times I just jogged around the park with him and he had no problems with that and just trailed right behind me.

He did a lot of wandering with his tail up part of the way and he really seemed to be enjoying himself. Very happy about his progress and interaction!

Here are some photos of him and Taro from the meetup

Comments

• Yay! Looks like he did fine. And he's got his Tagg tracker on, excellent, and I see him sniffing people and dogs both :) Kiba's coming around in his own time. Good for all you!
  • Wow, that sounds great for a first meet up! At our local shiba meetup I see many dogs that stick to themselves, so that's great if Kiba is gaining confidence and sniffing dogs/people.
  • @GrayJJ, yeah he was definitely interested in the other dogs, and there was one guy in particular he kept following anytime he walked past him.