Fionna (Taro x Nami)

Fionna will be going to my sister (who has been flirting with the Kishu breed for a while) this winter, but until then, she's staying with me! I'll post pictures as she grows. :)

So far, Fionna is a little more cautious than her brothers when it comes to meeting new people, but she is inquisitive and warms up easily. My goal with her will be getting her excited to see people, like her brothers were when they were with me. My sister lives in Seattle and wants to bike/hike with her, but also wants to be able to take her out and about like Nami can do with me.

This is going to be her first dog as an adult, but she's used to my guys and we both grew up with "difficult" dogs. I think she and Fionna will be a good match.

We start obedience class on Sunday.

Comments

• I would love to train / work with a Kishu.. -wink wink-
  • My friend manages and trains at a petsmart here, so it's pretty perfect-- Fionna can start her obedience here and continue with you. :p
  • She's so cute! The picture of her in the pool is super adorable. If only Meitou like his pool as much. ;)
  • Shes lovely- and they grew up so fast! I love her!
  • Aww, thank you guys. She's a brat, but a really cute one.

Here are some from today.

• So adorable!! I know that's a mirror, but it looks like she's typing away at a computer!! :))

This. Her face says "Hello kind Sir/Madam. Do you happen to have a treat? May I have one or five, please?"

She's so adorable. And her ears look giant. Are they?
  • @WhoBitMe

They are pretty large. She takes after her daddy, there. :p

Here are a couple more of Fionna from the other day.

• LOL She looks like she found something to get dirty with in that first pic. :) And I love the second one.
  • WAAAAH i love heeerr!!!! Not fair...i just want to hug her (as she would probably try and wriggle out of my arms, but i'd be satisfied with just a second or two!!)

She looks like a little adventurous spirit, it'll be fun to watch her grow :)
  • She's definitely going to be a handful. I think she would probably be a really good hunting dog, she seems to have a really strong working instinct.
  • I found out that there is a barn hunt the first weekend of September in a town about an hour away from me. I want to take Nami and Fionna to see how they do. :)

I think Fionna would make a great hunting dog and she really seems to want to please (right now, as a puppy, anyway).
  • Fionna from today...

She's really starting to look for "fun things" to do while we're out and turning into quite the little hunter! Russell pointed out a little den (the last picture) and they tried to dig out whatever was in there before I chased them off of it...

Then, when we got to the pond, she realized that the frogs were jumping in as Russell ran into the water-- so she had a blast pouncing on them.

Ultimately, she found a turtle in the mud at some point and decided to plow her face through ALL of the mud to try and fish out more. She's really a fun little girl.

She's SUPER fast, too. She was keeping up with Russell the whole time. He was jogging, not sprinting or anything, but she's so tiny, I didn't expect it.

• Wow, she's so cute! I especially like the mud-face pic.
  • She is so adorable.
  • Loving the "mud mask"! She is too cute! I can't help but see Nami in her face. Her expressions look very similar.
  • LOL Fionna. So much mud. Meitou is like that. If there is dirt or mud he can roll in, he does it. It's almost like it is a white dog thing, lol. Fionna is looking great!
  • More Fionna! :)

• Cuteness...level...exceeding...limits!!!1!!!1!
  • Exactly same sentiment as that of above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not fair. at all.
  • Love the latest pic she is growing nicely. I can see a bit of both parents in her on various pics. :)
  • Cute! She looks so intense for a pup, too--she looks like a (fun!) handful!
  • She's getting so long and skinny! I really like that second pic of her.
  • edited November 2014
    Flirty Fionna pupdate.

I feel Fionna has always looked a lot like dad's side of the family, but it seems to be truer and truer by the day.
  • I love fionna, so much still :) She's growing up really nicely, really strong and sturdy, but still a feminine NK. Looks like she has a spunky adventurous spirit, too!
  • See you Tuesday, Fionna!
  • Aw, Fionna is gorgeous. And that first picture is too cute.
  • Went to see @WrylyBrindle and Team Brindle.

My camera died very soon into our trip, but I did get this nice picture of Fionna on the peat bog.
  • I love Fionna... :) She's my kind of dog.
  • Fionna says "take me, take me! I love Vermont!"