Virginia mini-NK meetup! Pics and Videos :)

edited June 2014 in General
We got three kais and a shiba all together in Ashland yesterday!! It was a lot of fun, and was so nice meeting everyone in person :) Lots of play, lots of laughs, and good food and beer. I so wish I lived closer, everyone here is so fun!

Here's a ton of pics and a couple vids at the end!!

We had Sachi Bear!!
photo 1

Little Miss. Kira, one of the cutest shibas i've ever met!
photo 2

Hanzo! Hanzo is so wiggly. And prancy, and adorable.. :)
photo 8

Yucca! Getting checked out...hehehe
photo 6

Silly Hanzo and Kira :)
photo 5 (1)

Hanzo getting scritches
photo 1 (9)

Cute Yucca :)
photo 2 (2)

photo 3 (3)

It's an NK oreo!! xD
photo 2 (3)

photo 5 (3)

High Five!
photo 4 (8)

And another High Five!
photo 3 (6)

The gang :)
photo 4 (6)

Sachi says "This IS where we're eating, right?"
photo 4 (9)

BFFs!
photo 1 (5)

Smiling Sachi :)
photo 2 (5)

And lastly, Hanzo pointing to what he wants on the menu! :P
photo 1 (4)

"Yeah, THAT'S the one!"
photo 2 (4)

I had so much fun, and everyone's pups are awesome. You all got to get together more often, too fun together! :D

ETA: Here's a couple videos too!

Comments

• Looks like such a great time. I am sorry I missed it, but super glad that the rain moved out early and that everyone was able to get together! :)

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that @cdenney has trained Sachi-bear how to use a camera since she was the only one missing in the group photo... Haha.
  • @sunyata

yuppppp.
    Cynthia has one with all of them, you can just see sachi in the distance. she saw a leash and was like, nah, I'm good, I'm gonna observe you crazies from bacccckkk here.
  • That looks like a blast! Wish I could have been there too.

PS: Where's the deer?
  • We had a great time! I look forward to the next meetup. It was great meeting you @mdokic and am excited to meet Kona and Kimber the next time we're out in CA.
  • edited June 2014
    I'm glad you guys had fun and the weather stayed nice!! Wish I could have been there :( Can't believe I missed it!

Buuut, that may have been a good thing cause Kiyoshi is NOT dog park material so he wouldn't have done well lol
  • Love these pics. I wish I lived closer. :\ Kira is so adorable reminds me of another cream shiba I've met.
  • Thank you @Saya - maybe one day you will be able to meet her if you visit Virginia ;)

Contributing my photos to the thread! Kira and I had so much fun with everyone!

It was such a big, beautiful dog park!

Sachi!

Close up of Sachi

Kira getting hydrated

Hanzo relaxing with his toy

Handsome Hanzo!

Hanzo REALLY loves his toy!

Dis mine!

Checking out the new dogs

Kira is exhausted already!

Yucca meets Sachi!

Yucca is so cute!

Kira surveying the chaos

Community Kai drinking bucket

The SWEETEST Siberian Husky ever!

I can't tell who's happier - Michelle or the Husky! :))

Hanzo, Kira, and Yucca

The official Nihon Ken Oreo!!! :)

I think that Kira & Yucca are now officially BFF's! Every time they catch sight of each other, they go straight over to see the other now!

They also both refused to look at the camera!

The Nihon Ken Group photos!!!

If you look to the upper left of this shot, you can see Sachi who refused to be in the picture in the distance! Gotcha!!!

I can never pass up a photo-op with my Kira Bear!

Posing with the man who refused to pet her... :)

Michelle LOVED having Kira as her honorary dog for the day!

Kira kept Michelle's feet warm! She's such a cuddly Shiba! :)
  • You guys took such great pictures! I wish my phone wasn't dead :(. It was great meeting @mdokic, @cdenney and Sachi! Suchi is such a sweet girl. And of course it was great seeing Hanzo, Kira and their parents again as well. Yucca totally loves Kira! We will definitely have to get together again.
  • @BradA1878 did you mean deer or did you mean beer? :P and it WAS a blast! We could've talked for hours longer :)

@tmd is was so great to meet you, brandy and Hanzo! We would love to see you guys when you come to Cali :)

@Kira_Inu, I love your pics!! LOVE them!! And it was so great meeting you and @NavyDog, you guys have a fun group out there (dogs AND humans!) :D
  • Oops... I meant beer.
  • @BradA1878

Aaahhhh! I was confused about the deer comment but figured it was an inside joke!

Believe me, beer was had and enjoyed immensely! I had so much fun and was so distracted with dogs and good conversation that I totally forgot to check in my beers on Untapped!
  • I checked in my Oatmeal Porter!! :D