My new family member

I just got back with this little girl last week after my finals. her name is mika, and she obviously is an american akita. She is my second American Akita and has been a very sweet girl ever since we got her. She likes to chew and is definitely more active then my last akita, but not overly hyper. One thing that's funny about her is that we have yet to hear her bark. Both of her ears stood up within the past few days and she is growing very quickly! we got her when she was about 10 weeks old, so she is 11 weeks old now. anyway here are some pictures of her, hope you enjoy and that they arent too big.

photo IMG_7071_zps9181fecd.jpg

photo 20140511_152331_zpsf73ed4c4.jpg

photo IMG_6095_zpsab93014f.jpg

photo IMG_6116_zps550e3230.jpg

photo IMG_6097_zps5e881dd9.jpg

photo IMG_6185_zps62d244cf.jpg

photo IMG_6216_zpsbc489058.jpg

Comments

• Oh wow... She is so freaking adorable! Congrats! :)
  • Beautiful puppy!
  • She is gorgeous!
  • edited May 2014
    Yay! Glad to see Mika (the puppy formerly known as Rogue! *lol*) get her own thread! She is so cute! I love that picture of her looking up (pic 5?)--what a cute expression!

And of course, I can't help but think she is wonderful, because she shares the same baby daddy with my Zora (Clooney from Liberty Akitas).

I'm looking forward to seeing her grow! So glad you were able to find her!

And her little lightning stripe on her forehead is so cute! :) And the way the color divides on her butt! She's such a cool puppy!
  • Thanks everyone for the compliments, we are enjoying her a lot.

Yes as shibamistress said my pup shares her dog zora's father.

And yes she was formerly called rogue by her breeder and us until we picked out a new name for her, which just happened recently.

She is sleeping currently by the air condition vent in our house, a favorite spot of hers...She is very affectionate, and has to go potty constantly! Keeping up with her is like a full time job! but a very fun one! I will post some more pictures of her playing with her toys over the next few days...
  • She's a cutie!
  • Beautiful puppy, I love her pattern and her expressions.
  • So adorable! Can't wait to see how she grows.
  • She's adorable! Congratulations! I love the split-color butt, too.
  • She's a wizard, Harry! She's got a white bolt on her forehead!
  • She's adorable! Congrats!
  • Can I have her !!
  • edited October 2014
    Can I have her !!
    Nuh Huh! She is staying right here...

Here is a picture update these are actually a few weeks old but i just havent got new ones yet

She just turned 7 months three days ago, at six and a half months she was 22inches 74.8lbs (vet weight) and just yesterday finished her first heat cycle (i am not having puppies, but we are going to let her mature before we spay). Since her last picture she has lost the little lighting bolt on her forehead (practically can still see a few white hairs if you get close) and has also developed some freckles she didnt have as a puppy. She has gone through her first puppy class but i have been busy, and unsure where i wanted to take her so have not yet started her next level obedience but she knows, sit, come, down, and paw that we've taught her on her own before she starts more training soon. I am still debating on switching her to a raw diet at some point down the road, but am currently feeding her Fromm Grain Free Surf and Turf until she's 10 months before i switch her over to Orijen for her adult food. She is actually a pretty lazy dog surprisingly, and very sweet. I dont believe she has a mean bone in her body, but we'll see if that changes as she gets a little older. She also is not much of a barker, unlike my last Akita who would bark anytime someone drove down or walked down the culdesac, so it's always funny when we hear her bark. She doesnt make for much of a watch dog yet in that respect, but thats okay. anyway here are some pics from her six month, i will update with some current pics over next few days. thanks for looking:

photo MikaNikki_zps2b8a2969.jpg

photo Mika_zps8d6b724f.jpg

photo Mika2_zps5982ed68.jpg

oh and here is one of me with her as a puppy just cause i like it and never posted it:
    photo 20140524_181407_zps12226d95.jpg

Will post more of her new freckles and her playing or going on walks soon.
  • She's looking lovely! She's an adorable girl. :)
  • edited October 2014
    So cute!!
  • Such a pretty girl! I was thinking about how her expression reminded me of Zora's a bit in that second to last photo, and then thought...of course it does! It's Clooney's expression! (for those of you who don't know, Liberty's Dr. Feelgood, "Clooney" is both Zora's father and Mika's father). I love how dark her face turned out, and her markings are so pretty! She's a lovely girl!

She's bigger than Zora, though, and since she's so young, she'll probably continue to grow. And a bit bigger boned--Zora is pretty fine boned for an Akita girl (and she only just grew to the minimum size for show--there were two in her litter that turned out too small.) Obviously, Mika got some of her size from her mother, too! :)
  • edited October 2014
    Thanks everybody! I still havent gotten my sister to loan me the camera to take some more pics but will soon, i at least have to upload some of her freckles in better light.

Shibamistresss, i still think zora looks like she had pretty chunky paws in her pics and i think she is a really great looking dog! I had also heard that from Mika's breeder that a few in your litter turned out a little small for show. Mika definitely got some size from her mom, but i think she'll maybe turn out a little bigger then her momma, and i think that comes from her daddy, but i could be wrong! I am very happy with how Mika has grown up, because my last akita was definitely a good sized dog and i was used to that, and wanted to have it again with my next dog. Mika is a much softer dog then my last akita was though, however although i dont mind sharpness and in someways enjoy it, i also have been very fond of mika's sweet nature and she has totally won me over. And in the end i just love Mika for what she is. I also enjoy the softness with our cats in particular! They bat their paws at mika and she just looks at them or even jumps back, my last akita would have ended that game right away, so it's defnitely easier to manage with the cats and my family is just ecstatic that we have an akita that can get along with the cats! ... EDIT: and one other thing that makes life easier is that she is definitely food motivated but is not food aggressive. 95% of the time my last akita got upset with another animal it was over food and she would literally kill over it and the other five percent were if she viewed something as threatening/challenging her i.e. a dog getting aggressive towards her would set her off. My last akita loved all people but was stand offish with other animals, Mika just loves everything people and animals so other then her getting VERY excited when she meets something new she is much easier to deal with.