Introducing Haruki
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    Hey everyone, yesterday my partner and i picked up our JA puppy 'Haruki'.
    She is a brindle, and has a very confident and outgoing temperament.
    We spent time with all the breeders dogs, and every single one has an amazing temperament.

Meeting their dogs was also the first time meeting JAs in person. It was one of the best experiences, we were blown away by the presence these dogs have, it was out of this world.

We will be attending our first show on the 10th of May, and she is doing really well with her training. We cant wait to represent the JA breed in Australia :-)

I cant put pictures up until i am in my computer, but ill be sure to keep it updated :-)

She will be joining our family of 4 Shiba Inu (although she will only be integrated with the two youngest Shibas, As the other two are pretty intolerant).

Be sure to watch this space for pics!
  • *JackBurton**JackBurton*
    Congrats on the newpuppy. Please post lots of photos when you get her. Australia is starting to get involved with the Japanese Akita. They just applied for membership in the World Union of Akita Clubs.
    www.akita-inu.com
    www.Japanese-Akitas.com
    pedigrees.akita-inu.com
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    Thats excellent news. I am excited to show her and help build awareness of the breed here in Australia (im in South Australia- she will be the 2nd JA in this part of the country). Id like to be more involved in establishing the breed in the country- it is a very exciting journey :-)
  • excited for you can't wait to see pictures
  • venusvenus
    woo can't wait to see pictures. I'm assuming that Haruki is from Rollie. if so she is half sister to my Eris and will also be related via her dam as well.
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    Yes Haruki is from Rollie :-) is Hanzo the sire of Eris? Haruki is a solid pup, much like her mum i think :-)
  • venusvenus
    Yes hanzo is Eris sire and Pumpkin is her granddam and Blu her auntie. so they are related from both sides. Eris is huge a very big bitch probably one of the biggest in the show ring in the UK at the moment. i love her size just need her head to catch up with the rest of her now lol
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    imagephoto DSC_0447_zps439a79f1.jpg
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    Haruki and Suma investigating the yard together - little rat bags loved running around in tha rain!

imagephoto DSCN0023_zps2f7c2b95.jpg
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    imagephoto DSCN0024_zps85fbb4ff.jpg
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    imagephoto DSCN0024_zps85fbb4ff.jpg
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    Sorry pictures arent great- havent had much time to take some good ones. We got stranded 14 hours away from home because of car troubles so a 3 day trip to pick her up turned into a 6 day trip and then when we finally got home she decided that 3am was a more appropriate bed time!
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    imagephoto DSC_0474_zps935b7c80.jpg
  • awww so cute...
    If tears could build a stairway,
    and memories a lane.
    I'd walk right up to heaven,
    and bring you home again...
  • DragonflyDragonfly
    Awwww she's adorable! Congrats on finally getting her :)
    photo Kiyoshi-SteveNakatani-2014-1165gnew_zps67b88604.jpg
  • sunyatasunyata
    She is adorable! Congrats and keep us updated on how she does at the show. :)
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
  • venusvenus
    She is lovely, hope she as settled in well. You will have lots of fun with her.
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    some more SPAM!
    The first one is Haruki and Suma (excuse Suma's coat- she is blowing it for the first time and it is never ending!)
    photo DSCN0087_zps5013c100.jpg

Kenji and Haruki
    photo DSCN0082_zps7f7910c3.jpg

Kenji
    photo DSCN0102_zps385f5315.jpg

Haruki
    photo DSCN0104_zps44b74ca2.jpg

photo DSCN0096_zps17832445.jpg

Kenji and Suma
    photo DSCN0113_zps81f0cc83.jpg

I need to get some new pics of our other two Shibas, Koyuki and Takeo.. Poor things probably feel a bit left out- theres just so many photos to sort through!
  • DragonflyDragonfly
    Aww I love the last one :)
  • NavyDogNavyDog
    What beautiful dogs! I really like that b/t shiba! Stunning!
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    He is isnt he ;-) he is a typical naughty Shiba though! He knows he is good looking too- if he sees someone even slightly looking in his direction he will strut, then stop and stare at them until they acknowledge him. Then he turns away and completely ignores them! ( i love that about him haha saves me having to talk to people :P )
  • NavyDogNavyDog
    Haha, he knows he's handsome.
  • WhoBitMeWhoBitMe
    Haruki is so cute! And Kenji and Suma are beautiful. You have a nice family of super cool dogs. I think it would be great to see pictures of the other two Shibas, too. :)
    1 Human + 1 Hokkaido
    RIP Amy (Border Collie)

“Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket.
    But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.”
    --Patrick Rothfuss, A Wise Man's Fear

"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination."
    --Brandon Sanderson, the First Ideal from The Stormlight Archive.
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    Ill post some pics of the other two when i can get onto photobucket :-)
  • Kira_InuKira_Inu
    Great looking family you have!
    Cynthia, Proudly owned by Kira
    imageimage
    Kira the Cream Shiba Inu 吉良 - Facebook Page
    Follow Kira on Instagram! Kira_the_cream_shiba_inu
    Kira's Life Story & Photo Thread - Kira the Cream Shiba

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    photo DSCN0135_zps6272d72e.jpg
    Koyuki and Takeo spending a bit of time in the runs today. This way they can safely get used to having yet another crazy puppy around. They can see her and watch her interact with the other two without her stressing them out. When they are inside they get annoyed with hearing the rough play and carry on a bit because they dont know whats going on. So by having them in the run they can all see eachother and 'talk' to eachother with no risk of getting into a fight.

photo DSCN0153_zpsd516831e.jpg
    Cheeky Haruki snuck up on my daughter!! poor girl!

photo DSCN0145_zps040989d2.jpg

I love how their colours look when they are next to eachother- and i love watching them play :P
  • tmdtmd
    Awww, she's helping with grooming! What a helpful girl!
    - Hanzo (Kai Ken), Pharaoh (JA/AA tweenie), Meg (Border Collie/Lab mix)
  • DragonflyDragonfly
    So cute! I like how she's a darker brindle, its very pretty coloring
  • SayaSaya
    So funny Haruki with your daughter.

Saya used to do that if you lay on the ground she'd go for your hair it's nuts. Luckily she outgrew that phase.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 7year old Bella(Boxer), and 7year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • AerithHojoAerithHojo
    Oh my gosh I love her. I wish I could find a good JA breeder in the USA.
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    some more spam! I cannot believe she was the same size as little Suma when we got her, now she is huge!!!
    imageHaruki and Suma photo DSCN0317_zpsb1bdff0e.jpg

imagephoto DSCN0311_zpscf53c800.jpg
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    Also i know its hard to tell from these pics i will upload more after the show this weekend (wish us luck!) , does anyone have an opinion on her colouring? What type of brindle she would be classed as? Red brindle? Its so hard to tell now but she is getting more red as she matures :-)
  • CrispyCrispy
    She looks like she has heavy stripes. I don't know JA-specific colors, but I'd call her a black brindle. Hopefully, you get some JA people in here! :)
    Akiyama no Roushya || 秋山の狼室 || www.kishu-ken.org
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    Thanks @Crispy!
    Here is Haruki at her first show (we entered a few before this but the shows are an 8 hour round trip and we missed a couple).
    photo DSCN0403_zps3b999e2b.jpg

photo DSCN0404_zpsc880d526.jpg
  • TamagouTamagou
    So much want for that cutie! :D
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    Ill post some new pics soon, she is growing so quickly. She is a little over 19kg now and nearly 22 weeks old.
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    Ok some more spam- these were taken at a champ show last weekend :)
    photo DSCN0451_zps70f0d3ba.jpg

photo DSCN0454_zps3a18dc7f.jpg

photo DSCN0450_zps8e7778c9.jpg
  • WhoBitMeWhoBitMe
    She's growing up so pretty!
    1 Human + 1 Hokkaido
    RIP Amy (Border Collie)

“Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket.
    But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.”

• KoyukiKoyuki
    I think so too :D shes is a pretty girl
  • AerithHojoAerithHojo
    Her coloring is beautiful. I just love her. :)
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    Exciting news! Haruki is the first brindle Akita (Japanese) to win a class in group in Australia! I was so excited i cried while still in the ring lol. Just happy to have a judge that did his research and recognised how awsome she is! Ill upload more pics tonight. :-)
  • WhoBitMeWhoBitMe
    Congratulations to you and Haruki! That's so awesome! :) I'm looking forward to the pics.
    1 Human + 1 Hokkaido
    RIP Amy (Border Collie)

• KoyukiKoyuki
    I wish we had shows closer to home- we have to travel 4 hours each way to get there :/ But this is the cost of getting the breed out there!
    This photo is after we won Puppy in group, with our judge - he had lovely things to say about Haruki so im kind of grinning like a maniac in this pic.
    photo DSCN0643_zps007dc730.jpg
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    She is just coming up 7 months old now and is really maturing-
    photo DSCN0626_zpse7234f63.jpg
  • ShikokuShikoku
    yay! Congrats beautiful strong looking pup.

-------------------
    Location:MD/VA/DC. Pets: Athena- Shikoku and Hades- Shiba Inu
  • TrzcinaTrzcina
    Congrats! Beautiful pup. I love the brindle JAs.
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    Thankyou everyone. She is just amazing! We are driving 4 hrs (again!)to the Royal show for South Australia tomorrow. Im super nervous but she shows herself basically :-P
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    Woohoo! Haruki won BOB at the Royal show under a Canadian judge. I am so chuffed, she is doing so well to represent the breed here in South Australia, and building awareness of the brindle variety :-)
  • sunyatasunyata
    Awesome job! :)
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    Thanks! I am currently trying to make a brochure with some basic info of the breed to hand out when we go back for group/show specials. I am far from computer savvy, so its a bit of a pain- but we had atleast 100 people ask me what breed she was followed by a series of silly questions. I was asked if she was really a coyote- What The!!! 1) no Coyotes in Australia. 2) We are at a DOG SHOW!!
    So i figured rather than me repeating myself over and over i will hand out some brochures :D
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    Some updated SPAM!! and because I am lazy I will include photos of the Shibas in this thread too :P
    Haruki in line up for BEST IN SHOW the first time she won puppy in group
    photo DSCN0664_zpsd6706c3b.jpg

My bf took Haruki to a show by himself as I was ill....and what do you know they won minor puppy in group!!
    photo DSCN0753_zpsd17df7f1.jpg

One of Haruki's 'official' photographs from winning BOB at the Royal show
    photo 140909-2942_zpsa681e1c8.jpg

Happy Haruki before going in the ring at the Royal
    photo 140909-3362_zps74f3ee4f.jpg

The three youngins refusing to go to bed last night
    photo DSCN0815_zpse5223189.jpg

My beautiful princess Koyuki
    photo DSCN0823_zps39299ec2.jpg

And Takeo snoozing in his favourite spot
    photo DSCN0820_zps1467a513.jpg
  • WhoBitMeWhoBitMe
    Haruki has such a lovely face! And all your other pups are simply adorable. :)
    1 Human + 1 Hokkaido
    RIP Amy (Border Collie)

• SayaSaya
    Love the pics of your dogs. :)
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 7year old Bella(Boxer), and 7year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    Haruki is now the FIRST brindle Japanese Akita Inu in AUSTRALIA to become an Australian Champion, at just 8 and a half months old, and in only 2 and a half months of gaining challenge points!! We are super proud, we have worked really hard and put a lot into getting to shows and building awareness of the breed in Australia. Our wallets are empty, but our hearts are full of joy!! Lol...ill put photos up on the weekend
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    some updated spam!!
    This first one was what I saw looking out the kitchen window the other week xo
    photo IMG_0130_zps08385217.jpg

This one my bf will kill me for posting LOL but I think its sweet- he was feeding her dried liver from his mouth,..hmm
    photo IMG_0070_zps5754959d.jpg

This is my FAVOURITE! My friend who breeds and shows Aus Sheps took this photo for me :) This was taken on the weekend that Haruki gained her AUSTRALIAN CHAMPIONSHIP points and also won Minor Puppy In Group too!!
    photo 10710469_292751977602518_4776119375556205822_o_zpsf0dcd27f.jpg
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    Oh and this is a pretty headshot of her- She is just so stunning
    photo IMG_0088_zpsaab62b75.jpg
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    Sometimes showing a breed that is still so 'new' in the country can be disappointing I am coming to realise! I didn't quite understand how bad some judges are for a)awarding their friends, not the dogs
    b) literally not even looking at your dog because her friend is stacked next to you
    c) hanging out in the tents of the people the judge awards before and after awarding them (making it quite obvious that their dogs will win no matter what) and most importantly
    d) not even knowing what your breed is even though it is in the group they knew they were judging MONTHS beforehand and if they can so adequately judge The American Akitas then surely they must know the history and know of the Japanese Akita Inu too? we travelled an 8 hour round trip on Saturday to attend a show but the judge didn't even look at Haruki and even asked the steward 'what breed is this?' Are dog shows like this in other countries too?
    Post edited by Koyuki at 2014-11-17 14:55:31
  • CrispyCrispy
    Aww. :( Sorry guys. That sounds terrible.

I am new to showing and I've only done it casually at small-time matches, but that has not been my experience. The judges have been very kind and even helpful in pointing out different things about my dog that I don't really pay attention to because it's not what I value or just haven't bothered to look at and they've always been interested in the breed. :\

I also haven't been to the "major leagues", lol. I went to shows where things seemed a little more casual in general.

Haruki looks stunning in her last picture. :)
    Akiyama no Roushya || 秋山の狼室 || www.kishu-ken.org
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    Yeh I also found at the smaller shows (held at the same venues but hosted by the smaller kennel clubs) were brilliant, the judges were great-really interested in Haruki and gave lots of good feedback and weren't too scared to award her even though she is new to the ring and they haven't seen the breed before. The shows I was talking about in my last post was more about the last few shows we went to- lots of people from inter-state. It just makes me feel defeated when I see the judge drinking champaigne with certain competitors all day in between judging and then awarding those competitors and meanwhile everyone at the ring is saying how obvious it is and the judge and champaigne drinking competitors laugh it off. I don't mind not being awarded, but the judges aren't going to learn more about the breed if they don't even look at her, or even ask questions .
  • WhoBitMeWhoBitMe
    That's too bad you had some poor experiences. Shame on the judge for not even looking Haruki over. She's gorgeous!

And that picture of her taking dried liver...so cute. ;) Is she pretty gentle about it? My elderly dog used to be pretty good about gently taking food from people's mouths back when I would let her do it, but I wouldn't dare do it with Meitou. Hahaha. He's way too hyper and I would rather not get punched in the face with his face.
    1 Human + 1 Hokkaido
    RIP Amy (Border Collie)

• KoyukiKoyuki
    She is super gentle when at shows, or out and about but at home she is soo hyper! She is a sweet girl that just loves people so much she will kiss them to death!!
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    https://m.facebook.com/japaneseakitainusouthaustralia?ref=bookmark
    We now have a facebook page if anyone is interested in following the progress of the JAI in South Australia
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    I need to post more updated photos of Haruki- she is maturing really nicely, and has changed so much.
    Haruki will be Welcoming a baby Shiba Sister in the next two weeks ( we are crazy) hopefully. We have been offered to take on an 8 week old red female to show in South Australia...we have been wanting to show Kenji or Suma in neutered as we have to travel an 8 hr round trip for each show, so this is a great opportunity for us.
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    photo 19494175-E3B5-48AE-8B8F-E651D2902B86_zpsoiuvmolb.jpg
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    photo 11150763_927154960669379_4913855739473446126_n_zpswrib6ebt.jpg
    photo JapaneseAkita-2_zpsniwkuzvn.jpg
    photo JapaneseAkita-1_zpsxkuhfdgv.jpg
  • WhoBitMeWhoBitMe
    As always, Haruki is gorgeous!
    1 Human + 1 Hokkaido
    RIP Amy (Border Collie)

• KoyukiKoyuki
    @WhoBitMe thankyou so much
  • Kira_InuKira_Inu
    She is doing great, you've done a wonderful job with her!
    Cynthia, Proudly owned by Kira
    imageimage
    Kira the Cream Shiba Inu 吉良 - Facebook Page
    Follow Kira on Instagram! Kira_the_cream_shiba_inu
    Kira's Life Story & Photo Thread - Kira the Cream Shiba

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    Thanks @Kira_Inu. We are over the moon with her, she is a great ambassador for the breed. And more importantly she is a very valued family member , just like all the others :)
  • ChibsterChibster
    All of your dogs are so beautiful!! <3
  • KoyukiKoyuki
    @Chibster thankyou very much

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion