Royal's Ty the Great

edited September 2014 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share the adventures and happenings with my Ty in this thread. Ty is a bear type Kai. Round face and very stocky/muscular. 20 1/2" @ withers. 40lbs.

Ty's story is on my Introduction page, but the short run of it is this:
He was brought back to Pam (Royal Kennels) not even a year after he left her. He was brought back because he was a 'misbehaved boy' and piddled on a kids backpack at a park. Yes, that is the story they told Pam when they brought him back.... I adopted him in December 2012 and he has been absolutely amazing since day one.
Some pictures with more to come!

Mug Shot

What a cutie!

Lounging Around

Agility Links:
Agility Trial - Jump 1
Agility Trial - Jump 2
Agility Trial - Jump 3

Comments

• Handsome Kai!
  • He is handsome! I love the 'lounging around' picture :)
  • Ty is such a cutie. Glad he found you (it vice versa!) :)
  • He is good looking fellow :).
  • Very handsome!
  • He is quite handsome! I am still shaking my head over "piddled on a kid's backpack"... That has to be the lamest excuse ever to give up a dog. :-/

But, either way, he has landed himself the perfect gig now! :-D
  • He is definitely a good looking boy! So glad he found you.

I don't have anything nice to say about the 'piddled' excuse...Just glad to see he's found a loving home!
  • nice jumping, Ty!
  • He's so handsome!

Piddled on a bag = Kicked out of house???
    That really is the lamest excuse I've ever heard lol

Glad you found him! :)
  • Aww! Ty is handsome kai ken love his markings too.
  • edited March 2014
    I posted a small version of this on instagram a couple days ago.

Ty found a new use for a bully stick.....

(I have no idea why my embedded links do not appear.... so just in case)
    http://youtu.be/P-1e8N7BXiM
  • You actually don't have to embed youtube links, they are handled automatically :)

and lol... bully sticks are stinky enough, let alone as doggie cologne!

• Ha! I don't envy you the hug after that bit of rolling. I love how he just walked away from it afterwards, as if to say "I'm done, who's next? You're welcome to get in on this action."
  • What a weekend adventure we had with Barn Hunt!

Ty did get his RATI title on the first try. So exciting, he is the first Kai Ken to get this title in Barn Hunt. I'm hoping this is only the first of many for our barn hunt adventures!

• Congratulations! That's great Ty got his RATI on his first try. :) Meitou got his RATI title on his first try back in March...and then has been a spaz ever since. We managed to get one leg for his Novice title, but he's a pretty epic space cadet, lol. But he has fun.