Tyto the Kai Ken - New name

edited April 2014 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
I've said it many times before, that I'll get a Kai eventually. Well, eventually has come, and now I've got a Kai Ken! Meet Arashi, one of Suteishii's Tora X Ritsu pups!

He's pretty wiped from his plane trip but is settling in quickly. He's thoroughly explored my couch in search of treats, eaten a few chews, and has let me pet him already! He hasn't met any of the other dogs yet but is fine with Juneau and Sasha being nearby. He will be introduced tomorrow afternoon after he's had some time to rest and chill.

Thank you so much @sjp051993 for sending this dude to me!

**More pictures to come!**

Comments

• Oh wow! Surprise, lol! Congrats! :D
  • I said it on FB, but I will say it again... I KNEW it!!!! :-D

I am so happy for Arashi. He is going to be so happy with you and your pups!
  • Yay! Welcome to the Kai side! :) and welcome home Arashi!
  • YAY! Congrats! :)
  • Congrats :)!
  • Congrats! :)
  • Wahoooo!!! So happy for you!!! He's such a cutie...so lucky to have you !
  • It was hard to sleep last night without him here. He is a very good snuggler.
  • Congrats!!
  • Congrats!!!

Losech...honestly...After seeing you got a Kai...all that plays in my head is Pokemons theme song "Gotta catch 'em all! POKEMON!"

Sooner or later you're going to get one of each!

• Grats, so cuute!!
  • LOL @Bootz I am a Pokemon fan...

Arashi has warmed up to me pretty quickly, he's already cuddling and squishing all over me and bathing my face. I seem to have found a sweet spot and can easily get him to melt into a puddle of puppy if I scratch him right.
    He's super interested in food and tries to mooch off me constantly, but for some reason won't touch the Canidae I am currently feeding the other dogs. He got to eat the rest of Conker's EVO instead (Conker is not happy). I guess I'll have to go to town to buy something else for him if he won't eat the Canidae.

He is totally fine with Juneau and Sasha. He's not overly interested in them but doesn't mind them being close and sniffing him. Conker and Katana are a bit rough for him right now, so they only interact with him one at a time and inside to prevent Conker or Katana from getting too hyped up.
    I can totally see how he broke his elbow. He climbs up on things and LEAPS off! It freaks me out 'cause he's so Gung-Ho! I don't want him to break it again but I don't really want to overly restrict his activity either.
    He's learned how to use the dog door already, just by watching the other dogs go in and out, and has raided my laundry basket a few times.
    Like Katana, he seems to have a love affair with my socks.

He's got the biggest booty I have ever seen on a puppy. I need to get a better picture of it, it's a huge puppy booty.
  • That is odd he won't eat the food. He was never picky. I rotate dog food pretty often so they eat a variety of foods. He was leaping off the bed here and I was trying to keep him from doing it too much.
  • edited March 2014
    He ate some after I let it soak in a bit of raw milk, but he's not overly fond of it. He'll eat anything else I offer him, just not the Canidae plain.
    He's pretty much constantly jumping on me right now.
  • LOL. Glad it did not take him long to adjust.
  • Aww, congrats!
  • As @WrylyBrindle said, Welcome to the Kai side!
  • Oooh, awesome! Grats! :D

Welcome, Arashi!
  • Congrats! :D
  • Arashi is adjusting really quickly. He's totally fine with me now and will come rocketing over if I call him. He leaps into my lap at every opportunity and squishes all over me.
    He likes Katana, but he can still be a bit rough so I need to play referee when they play. He is rapidly getting up to Katana's speed though.
    Conker is an ass and won't stop barking whenever Arashi does anything, which is obnoxious (but typical). He wants to play but so far Arashi doesn't really care about him. Katana is more interesting.

I finally get a good shot and he makes a funny face.

There's that funny face again.
  • The picture of him and Katana made me laugh.

He's super cute!
  • LOVE him!!! He looks happy already :)
  • edited March 2014
    @Crispy He was giving Katana shit a moment before I took that. Whapping him in the face and whatnot.

@mdokic He's SUPER happy. He bounces all over the place and his tail almost never stops wagging.
    It's adorable.
  • Seeing the pics of him makes me so happy. I have really been missing him around here, and Mizore misses him a ton. I am surprised he is not more interested in Conker cause he loved playing with Kuma here.
  • edited March 2014
    Conker is the description of asshole dog, it doesn't surprise me that Arashi's not fond of him yet. He is lots of barks and growls and nips, Conker takes a while to get used to. It took Katana two weeks to start liking him. They are best buds now though, so I don't doubt that Arashi will warm up to him eventually.
  • Love the pictures his stripes looks nice. :)
  • I'm curious as to how you'll be able to go on your regular hikes with the gang...5 total now right?
  • I have to commend you on being able to get good photos.

Rika won't stay still long enough for me to get a nice shot, and usually she's nose deep into my iPhone camera when I'm trying.

I don't know how all these other forum members do it either. Envious, but I still love to see them all.
  • @Bootz I usually only take 3 dogs max on a hike at one time. I prefer just two at a time This is due to the trails I go on, they are popular and horses are allowed to use them so... I need to be able to handle all the dogs at once if I have to. So a smaller number is best. If I go to trails farther out where less people are, then I'll take them all.

@Rikachan LOL I think they all suck! I have maybe 300 pictures of this guy and only these few are worthy of being seen by eyes other than mine. (And they still suck) I'm using a super crappy phone, so, if I had a better camera, I'd have more usable pictures.
  • Cute cute! Kai picture taking is tough though....speak to the master...Crystal. I don't know how she does it.

Snf