2014 Beikoku Shiba Inu Aikokai (28th Annual Shiba Inu Nippo Specialty Show)

With all the discussion of upcoming shows, this one is coming up fast.
This can serve as a reminder first, and then a placeholder for photos. :)

As usual, it will be held at:
Arthur Lee Johnson Memorial Park
1200 W 170th St, Gardena, California 90247

Sunday, March 9, 2014
Time: TBD, but probably something like 9am-2pm

For those of you on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/events/1391856944400487/

Comments

• I'm torn about bringing my Shikokus...
  • Yup another fun show. I'm hoping the day off gods are kind to me.
  • I'm torn about bringing my Shikokus...
    lol, do it! I'll play with them! The show atmosphere is good for socializing future show pups too. ;)
  • I can't wait!!! Love going out there to watch!!!
  • Picture time!

I apologize in advance that these are pretty random. I wasn't able to stay in one place and document everything. We also had to leave before the conclusion, so I didn't catch who got best of show.

But I can say, that there was a focus on COLOR this year! Lots of sashige and black and tans! Or at least, that's what caught my eye. ;)

Behind the scenes

And then there's Kouda, trying to escape the heat
  • Lots of pretty Shibas!
    LOL at that B+T being dragged. Such a Shiba move...
  • gorgeous dogs! love seeing the sashige coloring represented more - and lol at the bt! what a dork.
  • Wow...B&Ts looking good!!

Thanks for posting ;)
  • Lol, yes, #26 was being a derpy puppy. :) Prior to the dragging pic, was a cute bit of rolling around, which I was trying to get a pic of but missed.

There was also a super aggressive dog in the same class (anybody who was there will know which I'm talking about). I was surprised they were not dismissed.
  • @zandrame - unfortunately, I'm not so surprised. At NIPPO two males got into a fight in the rings and one of them bit his handler enough to draw a lot of blood (frankly she needed medical attention). The dog still placed. I don't think all judges would tolerate it, but unfortunately, I'm not surprised that there exist some who do.
  • Thanks for sharing! I must say I am still partial to B&T Shibas. They're all beautiful nonetheless :)
  • LOL yes #26 does have a lot of energy and gets bored very quickly. He's a very silly boy.