Hakubi - A Hokkaido Ken's Second Chance. A dog who survived the Tohoku Earthquake

I've made Hakubi a web page to better tell her story. Surviving the biggest earthquake to hit Japan and the resulting tsunami is no mean feat. Many of my friends are interested as well so we've decided to share her story in the hopes it might make people think about rescuing a dog rather getting a puppy.

It can be found at here. Hakubi - A Hokkaido Ken's Second Chance

It will be a work-in-progress and I will add things over time. I'll eventually translate it into Japanese but I'm not quite up to it yet. It could be a long eventually.

I hope you enjoy it. It is a bit of a read but I've tried to make it as interesting as possible.

Comments

• I loved reading Hakubi's story. My cheeks are hurting from smiling so wide and i have a lump in my throat from trying not to cry. What a lucky dog she is to have found you and your family. I look forward to hearing more of Hakubi's adventures :) :) :)
  • I love it! Thanks for sharing Hakubi's story with us! It's beautifully done, too, with al the photos, and so glad he has a wonderful home with you! :)
  • Thanks for sharing Hakubi's story he is a beautiful dog can't believe people didn't adopt him sooner! Good thing since you are the ones to get him.

I'm glad he got a nice harness my cousin's dog has same issue and after getting a harness it helped her walk more comfortable on walks.
  • She's a great dog and we are the ones who are lucky to have found her.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed her story. I will add more, especially photos as we get out and explore the local area some more.

I hope telling it from her point of view wasn't too corny.
  • Hakubi's story is great. :) And she is amazingly adorable. I also can't believe people didn't want her just because she wasn't a puppy. How sad. :( Older dogs are very special (love my elderly dog!).
  • Unfortunately, dogs are just as much a fashion here where I live as Louie Vuitton handbags. It's all about "cute". For me character wins over cute every time.
  • @Adrian agreed! The women pushing their perfectly healthy dogs around in designer strollers had me aghast in Tokyo. Luckily that isn't to be seen here in inaka (田舎)....
  • Yeah, I would much prefer to live in the country as well. We came from a small town in Australia, 2000 people on a busy day in summer, and it was much different to fashionista area Shonan is. My mountain bike has road tyres on it! How wrong is that.