Doggy Den

edited February 2014 in General
(Credit) I got the inspiration from @poeticDragon -Thanks.

So I decided to do a spin off and make an elevated platform (like in lion king). Where there is an elevated area the dog can sleep in/on. Keep in mind this is Beta A. Will be improved with your help/suggestions.
Here are the results:

Start with a very sturdy fruit box. Fruit box because it will also create a hideaway/den. (Best ones come from Costco or wholesale places)

DEN:

Next grab the coolest snuggy you can find. GO HOKIES!! :)

Then fix it to the box leaving the sleeves out. This will work as extra padding or snuggle material the dog can move around. Someone suggested to use needle and thread in the aforementioned post. Think I will use that in beta B.

The Inside (Den):

Athena Fell Asleep while waiting for her new furniture.

Next, place in cage (Def should've measure better):

Athena Investigating:

Athena Mad because I woke her up at 7am for this

Athena asking "Dad, what the hell is this you put in my cage?"

Athena Trying out the 'den'

Athena Posing like in lion king (Pride Rock) "Dad can I move now?"

Dad sneaking a picture while typing this post lol

Next:
Have it patented. Market idea to Petsmart. Allow Petsmart to sell my $6.00 item for $130.00 at to loving dog owners. give @poeticdragon 2% of profits donate 80% when tax time comes. Move to Colorado ;) !

Disclaimer: No pups were hurt during the making of this item. Tested to hold up to 40lbs dead weight.

HAPPY PRESIDENTS DAY WEEKEND.

Comments

• Great idea. Rika's サイズ:690mm×1060mm×780mm seems too big for her sleeping. Maybe a den space will be more inviting. OR, she'll keep sleeping under the kotatsu. (*^_^*)
  • Yea I can say Athena took too it naturally.
  • Costco boxes are great for puppy play :)
  • That's cute. It would never work with Katana though, he'd shred it in seconds. He can't have anything except durable toys and chews in his crate.
  • @Losech same here. It would be destroyed if Yucca had one
  • Yea kinda got a feeling this would only work with pups lol
  • That's cool! Great idea!

My puppy loves paper, though, and would go through it pretty fast. She'd be like, wow, thanks for the giant chew toy! But I suppose as long as wasn't eating it, it might be something fun for her to do in an afternoon!
  • Its a good idea! She looks so cute in it :)

Kiyoshi would try and hump it.
  • @shibamisstress ... I was thinking the same thing since Athena chews and bites on her beds. Somehow she just goes on top and chills. Im not convinced yet, we will see when bed time comes.

@Dragonfly - LOL @ trying to hump it. Yea we went to the dog park and she should be pretty tired today. Hades wore her out. And the people wore me out asking me about my baby shiba. :( I guess its to be expected.